Mining

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
grepler

Mining

Post by grepler »

Ive been macroing magery on a toon this last few days which had the same account as my gm miner on it. Time to go get some more ore so I made a new toon on a different account so as not to interrupt my magery skill gain. Started out with 50/50 miner/tinker as the norm and went to the hills. Well wonder of wonders, my pick broke almost right away. Took almost all the ingots I had just to make another as I kept failing (normal for skill level) and this one only got me about 20 ingot before I had to use them all up to make a new pick.

Well as you can guess this went on for a bit till I got better at mining. What Im trying to finally get to ;-) is that first I dont ever remember this being era accurate and 2nd even if it is, its going to make it just a bit harder for someone new to start out. I checked the patch notes and saw some changes to the amount of ore dropped at the end but nothing on this. New bug or undocumented change? Shovels/picks are supposed to last x amount of mining gathers not x amount of attempts. Also isnt tinkering supposed to use up half the ingots in a failed attempt? Now its using em all.

Edit: Ok, after an hour of mining I got my skill up to 65. What with failing to smelt and failing to tinker new shovels, along with this tool breaks after x attempts Im holding steady on the amount of ingots I have produced at around 300. Derrick there must be something wrong here.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Mining

Post by fooka03 »

For tools it should be attempts. Mining veins underwent a little overhaul lately (along with lumberjack) as in both cases the resource nodes appeared to not be affected by failed attempts at gathering and you would still be able to gather all available resources at a node. This changed so now every failure reduces the amount of available resources a little.

The exceptional tools now play a bit bigger part in resource gathering with the new changes. Looks like I may be adjusting what my vendor carries.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

Derrick

Re: Mining

Post by Derrick »

There was a change in the last patch in that the tools wear on all use, not just success. I suspect we may need to take a look at the durability of the tools.

Thanks for the post.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."