So there I was.....

Topics related to Second Age
Gray Wolf

So there I was.....

Post by Gray Wolf »

Wandering the old familiar haunts of UO, and lo... ahead!.. Covetous!

Surely, this once fiery entranced place had harpy's aplenty!.. gold and feathers!.. loots and lots for my bank to overflow!

I enter.

I kill 3 harpies with ease... I am proud.

Suddenly (and you KNOW there is always a suddenly!).. I am not alone.

A one Jonathan comes to steal a shovel or some such from my pouch. He is grey. I am a warrior.. I attack... I have him down... one more hit, and the rapscalion (what does that mean anyways!>) will surely die and meet justice.

Suddenly (weren't counting on a second suddenly! were you!?).. we are not alone.

Someone named Boris appears... surely to aid my just cause.. sur- HEY!!!!!!!!!!

He heals Jonathan!

The light goes on.. blue healer on grey dude trick.

I gave a most valiant 8 minute effort.. had him almost dead a second time, and had I known where I was for sure, I may have made it to a guard zone.

Twas not to be.. looted clean.

I rezzed and headed to town where I fond Jonathan and Boris using less than accomodating words, and I realise they are griefers... the saddest part of UO life.

However, also at the West Brit Bank is good friend Myg, always of good cheer. After a breif chat with Myg, I re-suit and am back on my way.

God I hate this game.

::: blinks ::::

God I love this game.

Sooo... here I am.. looking for a spot to place a brick......

:lol:

(To be continued?... )
Sure am glad no-one called the guards!

:::: whack :::::

Gray Wolf

So there I was..... ready to place a small house...

Post by Gray Wolf »

I found a nice spot... near a cave, even!... Surely, a spot fit for any burgeoning blacksmith to while away his days and nights over a forge and anvil, hammering out a fortune to be made! (Hey! That Snow lady in brit makes good gold!)

Deed in hand, I slink from tree to tree... stealthily making my way to the spot (which was nigh unto impossible as I have no stealth, and I don't think there is a `slinking' skill.)

I arrived to find nothing but a hart roaming the empty space.

I double click the deed... center the cursor, and await the small house to appear and gold key to materialise in my pouch.

Nothing.

I try again.

Nothing.

I ponder.. I count tiles... I try again.

Nothing.

I examine the deed... surely, I have purchased the correct one!?.. a small house.

I ponder again... I count tiles again.... I try again.

Nothing.

My wife enters the room.

"So, where do you want to place this house?" she says, grabbing my mouse, double clicking the deed, and (note: not waiting for my reply) placing the house EXACTLY where I had first intended and wanted it.

I said nothing.

::: ponders :::

I think she's in good with Derrick.

::: ponders further :::

Methinks I should purchase a castle-deed next. >>insert mandatory evil grin here<<

punk

Re: So there I was.....

Post by punk »

Good stuff :)
Erik [Hu]

_FTW_

Post by _FTW_ »

Your wife > You

^_^

Post by ^_^ »

BigTheo

Post by BigTheo »

_FTW_ wrote:Your wife > You
This is true. I know them in RL. :P

Gray Wolf

So there I was.....

Post by Gray Wolf »

Out in the formidable (at least with my skill set so far) east forrests of Brit, vowing to myself that 'if it has gold, kill it', I was yet again making my hundreds of gold. (Yes.. I have not ventured back into Covetous yet, coward that I am!)

Seeing that I am laden with gold and loot, I decide its time to head back to the town and sell off said loot; thus to make a final tally of my hunt; banking it safely away for my large brick I hope to one day obtain..

Taking the east road back, I came on a player being struck upon by another, taking damage and seeming to be running a healing scenario. I observe this for a moment, noting to self (sticky notes are my best friend) that I shall have to do the same as this man has ...

OMG!!!!!

I KNOW THIS MAN!

Its Grav!! ... GRAV HURR!!! The man himself, surely!!!

::: turning the way-back-machine to 2000 :::

Back in the day, on Great Lakes, the PK's ran wild and rampant on Dagger Isle, then known simply as `Ice'. Homed in a one of a kind smithy (with a forge built into the patio itself!) was Grav Hurr; one of the most gracious, respected and feared players on Great Lakes. (Anyone remember SiN?.. Grav was a founding member!)

Grav's smithy was a safe zone. Any and all; red, blue, orange and or gray were allowed in, as long as ALL observed the NO KILLING IN THE SMITHY rule. EVERY one to a man and woman obeyed the rule, and enjoyed the comforts and hospitalities Grav afforded. Before you could say a word, he would ask you to hand over your armor and weap, that they were in need of repair, and would only take a moment. He would take no refusal. Upon return of the repaired armor, you were more likey as not to find an extra sword, or maybe 100 extra aids. Food and a few aids were ALWAYS given on request.

Grav ran alone, mostly, but knew Ho Chi Mihn well, and the stories of their SiN guild are still the stuff of legend spoken of fondly and fearfully by the vets of GL to this very day.

::: back to the present :::

He remembered me, and we exchanged pleasantries. We went our sperate ways, me to sell loot, he to get more aids for his healing work.

To any who see him, speak kind and well to the man. An honorable man and warmly welcomed to UOSA. A wonderful addition to Derricks domain.

Good to see you again, my friend. Let's go kick some ass!

Sissypants

Post by Sissypants »

I remember Grav Hurr. Remember quite a few people, though they probably don't remember me.

I made my home on Dagger Isle for quite some time on Great Lakes. It's where I started my PKing career as a matter of fact. Collected quite a few ingots from miners :)

Really is neat that there are quite a few old time GL players here.

BigTheo

Post by BigTheo »

Sissy, who else do you remember from Ice Isle GL?

Gray Wolf

Post by Gray Wolf »

Sissypants wrote:I remember Grav Hurr. Remember quite a few people, though they probably don't remember me.

I made my home on Dagger Isle for quite some time on Great Lakes. It's where I started my PKing career as a matter of fact. Collected quite a few ingots from miners :)

Really is neat that there are quite a few old time GL players here.
MANY of us were homed on that snow white plain of an island; SiN, GLS, VnG, ICE, PCE, PEE, CPT and many others. The wars there were epic!

Oh the hours spent around Q's tower as wave after wave of reds came looking for trouble.. glorious!

Sissypants

Post by Sissypants »

When I said remember it referred to not just Ice Island. But.. a member of SSB had a tower just behind the small house I had. He also owned a small in front of me. I recall seeing people with the guild tags Gray Wolf mentioned. Trying to think of why BigTheo seems to ring a bell. Almost want to think that was the name of someone who killed one of my chars when I was doing some skill training on the roof of the SSB tower...

The small brick I had there was a couple screens north of the "Murderers Dew Drop Inn"

Wound up selling it and I then lived just east of the Brit Swamp.

Heh.. CPT... That's a guild that brings out some memories. Spent a lot of time fighting them at one point. Not just in game, but going on to their guild forum and talking a lot of smack. I thought PROPHECY was a jack ass.. That is until we had a 1v1 duel, then shot the breeze after. He was an decent fellow really ;). Always hated Lil Sexy though. Talked a lot of shit but never backed it up...

Often wonder what the people I used to hang out with on GL are up to these days. Met a lot of cool people.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Gray Wolf wrote:
Grav ran alone, mostly, but knew Ho Chi Mihn well, and the stories of their SiN guild are still the stuff of legend spoken of fondly and fearfully by the vets of GL to this very day.
Wow, flashbacks.

Thanks for this.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

BigTheo

Post by BigTheo »

Ha..I promise you if a BigTheo killed you it was not me. This was never a char. name of mine. I was one of the Bhey boys. Loki Bhey. Was also Glacius Maximus, Renyx Myrdyn. Was in GLS and PCE. Oh and I agree about Proph, by himself he wasnt that bad. It was his wife that was pretty horrible. Heh

Sissypants

Post by Sissypants »

I remember the GLS and PCE guild tags but not specific names, been so long. Guy who gacked me that day on the tower was unguilded now that I think about it.

Ah, the nostalgia. At one point I was sad I traded one of the accounts away. When I gave UO another try shortly after AoS came out.. I no longer felt bad. Can't believe such a great game turned into something so awful.

Gray Wolf

Post by Gray Wolf »

BigTheo wrote:Ha..I promise you if a BigTheo killed you it was not me. This was never a char. name of mine. I was one of the Bhey boys. Loki Bhey. Was also Glacius Maximus, Renyx Myrdyn. Was in GLS and PCE. Oh and I agree about Proph, by himself he wasnt that bad. It was his wife that was pretty horrible. Heh
Agreed... Prophecy was a player... mistress ash was.. well...

::: ponders Derricks `civility clause' ::::

.. difficult at times.