Poll: [cA] Town Add-On Request

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Should [cA]'s proposal be accepted?

Yes
63%
No
37%

Total votes: 125

Stranger

Re: Poll: [cA] Town Add-On Request

Post by Stranger »

BlackFoot wrote:Before I vote a few questions :D
chumbucket wrote:
To that end, I intend to establish a special prize given to [cA] members for the performance of extraordinary deeds in the spirit of [cA]. The prize will be extremely rare. Who receives the prize will be completely at my discretion. It will be known as the chumbucket Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Applied Bardery.
What is the spirit of cA that you are referring to?
Will there be a 'quota' of this prize given out? example - every 6 months the greatest act of bardery is rewarded. Or would it be more USA Medal of Honor style, where it is barely ever given out?
Everyone loves an awards ceremony :D
chumbucket wrote: We are proposing this as a town add-on. Hence, we would be willing to pay for these harmless items in the same way that other guilds pay for arenas, private stables, private forts, special "wargs", special free pvp areas, and so on. We believe that a large amount (to be determined by staff) of gold and silver would be the appropriate form of payment, which would have the added bonus of being a small gold sink.
It is an interesting approach to aquiring this item(s). It wouldn't be the first time a custom titled item was granted to a guild (See Kingdom of Ascalons Royal Charter). What provisions/cost were put on the item I dont know, I am goign to guess we never will since the creator and gm liason is gone now. There are also custom wearable items created for the UOSA pvp seasons, granted to the champions (well earned).
So its deffinately not somthing completely new, just the method of creation/aquisition is.

While we do (I feel) badly need a gold sink, I dont know if buying custom wearable items is the place. Personally, I would rather them be earned through shard participation (which Im guessing the act of bardery will be?) than bought (if you dont consider gold farming/trading earning :P).

Answers/thoughts?
Quick observation here and a bit off topic but all I hear everyone say is "We need a gold sink." To me its simple, make silver buyable via a vendor.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

I just want to note now that this has been up for a while and there is a strong majority in favor.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

How guilds would go about designing/aquiring their in guild prize needs ot be hammered out!

side note: wtf are you triyng to get pixel crack for cA! this seems against everythign you stand for over the past 2 yrs! how dare oyu
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

BlackFoot wrote:side note: wtf are you triyng to get pixel crack for cA! this seems against everythign you stand for over the past 2 yrs! how dare oyu
downs started giving tours of his keep to the guild. we have been bedazzled.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

BlackFoot wrote:How guilds would go about designing/aquiring their in guild prize needs ot be hammered out!
If this is just a [cA] thing, then I have already thoroughly described what I want and staff would simply make one when I had sufficient funds and someone to award it to.

If this were a gold sink available to the shard as a whole, then presumably it would work in a few steps:

1. A guild applies for eligibility based on two factors (age of guild and/or contribution of guild to shard)

2. if approved, a name for the item in question is determined plus jewelry type (bracelet, ring, etc.; gold or silver)

3. once the name is approved, the guildmaster of that guild then provides the required funds and guild member(s) the item(s) are to be awarded to

4. staff puts them together and places them in the backpacks of those characters

5. gold is taken out of the economy and there are only barely visible direct effects on gameplay but extra motivation for guilds to be active.

Downs

Post by Downs »

it's true!
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Pro

Post by Pro »

gon' apply for a sexy hat

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Pro wrote:gon' apply for a sexy hat
Probably, if this were a general gold sink, it would need have some sort of purpose other than OMGPIXELS.

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

yes

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

chumbucket wrote:
Pro wrote:gon' apply for a sexy hat
Probably, if this were a general gold sink, it would need have some sort of purpose other than OMGPIXELS.
why does there need to be any other purpose than l33t pixelz?!
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

Absolutely Yes. This guild has done a lot for the server even though they do run a few newbies off here and there it is essential UO has its dangers.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Ardos wrote:Absolutely Yes. This guild has done a lot for the server even though they do run a few newbies off here and there it is essential UO has its dangers.
You just got kicked out of mYm. :(

lettuce

Post by lettuce »

I voted no because alot of ppl voted yes i really have no idea what u r asking for nor do i can

karrelan

Post by karrelan »

I voted no because this is not an AoS server with pretty things for us to buy from the gms. This server is good because in general the gms stay out of it. If it starts with a little bracelet then I would like to award one to my guild as well. Who is to stop every guild to want one? We already know that money is really not an issue for most players here, so it would not be hard for people to make the cash to buy a bracelet for themselves. If you really want to award your thing to a guildmate, put it into their guild title...a place for everyone to see....its free...it doesnt require gm help of any kind..and it still serves the purpose of honoring your guild member.

Populus

Post by Populus »

[quote="karrelan"]Textquote]

To apply for a OMGPIXEL you have to shout " I R NEW GLD PLS " at britbank for more than 2 years. Not alot of people can do that.
ImageImageImage
[cA]