Stat gain

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Asandir

Stat gain

Post by Asandir »

Hello.

I've been raising my stats on my new characters today.

Anyways, my character is STUCK, LITERALLY at 100/99/25.

I've nearly GM'd sever skills related to DEX and it still will NOT budge.

I think what happened is while I was skilling up, I was in ONE piece of plate that gave me a -1 to DEX.

However, even completely naked after seeing that, the stat would just NOT get to 100.

This REALLLLLLY sucks...

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Stat gain

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I really doubt you are "stuck", you are probably just using a skill that is at such a high level where stat gains are rare. It is easier to gain a stat while gaining at a lower skill level. Try starting with 0 snooping, then snoop and you should gain that last point in seconds. If you start with 90 snooping for instance, it will take you much longer to gain that point because it seems to be linked to how frequent you gain the skill.

Oh yeah, make sure you have skill/stat locks set, have room to gain/lose a skill/stat etc..

Asandir

Post by Asandir »

I've played the game itself for about 7 years...

So yea, I have stat/skill locks set and everything...

Idk, it just seems really weird to me that after nearly getting to GM in snooping and camping that I wouldn't have that ONE point....

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Asandir wrote:I've played the game itself for about 7 years...

So yea, I have stat/skill locks set and everything...

Idk, it just seems really weird to me that after nearly getting to GM in snooping and camping that I wouldn't have that ONE point....
Yeah, it's hard to gain training skills that are high. Do something that gains dex and you have at a low skill. Try music from 0-30 or so.

Asandir

Post by Asandir »

Music is GM.

Now I'm doing herding... it's now 40 (started from 0 with 99 dex) and it's still not getting me my one point.

Asandir

Post by Asandir »

I'm not trying to sound like I know EVERYTHING here, but I DO know when something isn't working the way it's supposed to... I've been doing this literally for HOURS, SEVERAL HOURS trying to get ONE M****F****ING point!!!! Every darn skill I know for DEX is NOT doing it, AT ALL........

Herding
Snooping
Camping
Bard Skills
Hiding
Combat Skills
Lockpicking

Name it, I've tried it

It's NOOOOOOOOT working...

All stat/skill locks are set properly...

God... someone out there please friggin' believe me!

Asandir

Post by Asandir »

Fixed it >.<

Apparently death was the solution >.<

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Weird. Do you mean that your dex displayed amount didn't update until you died, or that after you died you were able to gain that +1 dex?

I have responded to a lot of calls about stuck stats over the years and it's always been an issue related to one of the solutions described above. Wearing a plate gorget, using gm skills to try to gain, trying to gain with a skill that's locked or pointed down, etc.

I've never come across a case where a point of dex didn't come almost immediately when trying a little snooping or camping at zero skill.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Asandir

Post by Asandir »

It would appear that it wasn't displayed until I died.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I bet you were wearing a plate gorget? I actually asked you in IRC, but you never responded ;)
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”