Things which would increase accuracy ^_^

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Things which would increase accuracy ^_^

Post by Mens Rea »

- Reactive armor used to be targetable, and it doesn't seem to have the same feel as it used to (can't figure out why).

- Energy vortexes used to curse the target they were attacking.

- The "all guard" command used to be targetable, you could target items on the ground, other people, and in particular if you targetted a door of a house you owned, and somebody opened it they would go grey (flagged as a criminal, it may have been a bug but it was good). Either way, you used to be able to guard things and people.

- At the moment stealing seems to operate differently. While stealing stacks of items it appears that the amount of items stolen is somehow related to the amount of units in the stack- when really it should steal up to the maximum weight the thieves stealing can manage (10 stones at 100 stealing). At the moment it seems impossible, if not highly unlikely, to steal a whole pile of 30 regs with one steal.

- NPCs have Asian names, please remove this. I do not want to be ressurected by "Hiroshi^^" because it is not era accurate.

- There used to be a message in the system message area when you were in the vicinity of someone being attacked "You see x attacking y", and for stealing too (but this may be implemented already).

- I don't like the appearance of my 2 story house, it has the re-worked "run down" look applied to housing at some stage. I want the fresh and clean look.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Things which would increase accuracy ^_^

Post by Kaivan »

Mens Rea wrote:- Reactive armor used to be targetable, and it doesn't seem to have the same feel as it used to (can't figure out why).

- Energy vortexes used to curse the target they were attacking.

- The "all guard" command used to be targetable, you could target items on the ground, other people, and in particular if you targetted a door of a house you owned, and somebody opened it they would go grey (flagged as a criminal, it may have been a bug but it was good). Either way, you used to be able to guard things and people.

- At the moment stealing seems to operate differently. While stealing stacks of items it appears that the amount of items stolen is somehow related to the amount of units in the stack- when really it should steal up to the maximum weight the thieves stealing can manage (10 stones at 100 stealing). At the moment it seems impossible, if not highly unlikely, to steal a whole pile of 30 regs with one steal.

- NPCs have Asian names, please remove this. I do not want to be ressurected by "Hiroshi^^" because it is not era accurate.

- There used to be a message in the system message area when you were in the vicinity of someone being attacked "You see x attacking y", and for stealing too (but this may be implemented already).

- I don't like the appearance of my 2 story house, it has the re-worked "run down" look applied to housing at some stage. I want the fresh and clean look.
1. You are absoultely right on this, the UOR patch notes mention the change to reactive armor making in an untargettable spell. Thus, during T2A it was targettable.

2. I haven't seen any specific information one way or the other on energy vortecies. I'll have to check to see if any available resources exist on EVs.

3. The "all guard" command was a command that underwent many changes on OSI. If you take a look at the patch notes on the Wiki, at one point, the guard command allowed you to guard things in town. While it is accurate that the guard command allows you to guard things other than a person, it is a matter of determing what you will be able to guard, and how it will affect your criminal status.

4. This issue with stealing has actually been brought to Derrick's attention. You are also correct in that the amount of a stack that a thief steals is not a percentage (at least when targetted stealing), but is a raw check on the skill (meaning a GM thief can steal anywhere between 3 and 10 stones, 90 stealing 2 and 9, etc).

5. Also true. The names that were available in UO were updated with later expansions.

6. Also true. That particular system message appeared any time any person was attacked by anything.

7. Unfortunately, the look of your house is client side. The art files that control the look of your house were updated not too long after the release of AoS (along with trees and your radar for anyone who remembers how it origonally looked). So, there isn't much that we can do to resolve that situation.

Overall, this is an extremely good list of fixes, awsome job :D
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

Kaivan wrote: 7. Unfortunately, the look of your house is client side. The art files that control the look of your house were updated not too long after the release of AoS (along with trees and your radar for anyone who remembers how it origonally looked). So, there isn't much that we can do to resolve that situation.

Have you tried the patched t2A client available for download?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Reactive armor will be targetable tommorrow.

Many Asian names have been removed from the list of names. Hopefully I got them all, but there are a Lot of names in there.

The amount stolen from a stack is a random amount between 1 and the maximum amount you can steal based on the item weight and your stealing skill. If this was set to be the maximum amount based on your stealing skill, you would always be facing the maximum difficulty when stealing from stacks that were at or greater than your maximum weight to steal. However, I did find a discrepancy in the skill that will be fixed in the morning that will result in a higher chance of stealing the whole stack when the weight of the pile is below your max weight to steal.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Excellent replies all around.

In terms of the energy vortex, if I remember correctly it is in the T2A manual (I'm pretty sure the one someone scanned and posted on here).

I have a very vivid memory of old UO hehe, I believe this manual says attack, poison and curse- but, nonetheless, I will try to find some evidence.

Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Energy Vortex's used to clumsy, weaken, and feeblemind, not curse. They didnt poison in this era

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

They did so, they had stronger poison than bladespirit too IIRC.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Artemis wrote:Energy Vortex's used to clumsy, weaken, and feeblemind, not curse. They didnt poison in this era
Energy Votexes poisioned thoughout the era, this page is last modified Jan 2000:
http://web.archive.org/web/200003090418 ... ortex.html

This is almost becoming a disinformation campaign.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Derrick wrote:Energy Votexes poisioned thoughout the era, this page is last modified Jan 2000:
http://web.archive.org/web/200003090418 ... ortex.html

This is almost becoming a disinformation campaign.
I never said that energy vortexes didn't poison. They most certainly did.

But when they hit you they used to curse you, -10 of each stat.

It used to take ages to wear off, it was annoying.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yeah, I didn't think you were disputing the poision.

I'll see what I can find out about the curse. I don't personally recall the curse, but t'was a long time ago.

caveman

Post by caveman »

This is from my T2A playguide:

Vas Corp Por creates a quick-moving vortex of energy that will attack any creature coming near it. The vortex harms(An Mani), poisons(In Nox) and curses(Des Sanct) any creature that touches it.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks!

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Mens Rea wrote:Excellent replies all around.

In terms of the energy vortex, if I remember correctly it is in the T2A manual (I'm pretty sure the one someone scanned and posted on here).

I have a very vivid memory of old UO hehe, I believe this manual says attack, poison and curse- but, nonetheless, I will try to find some evidence.
caveman wrote:This is from my T2A playguide:

Vas Corp Por creates a quick-moving vortex of energy that will attack any creature coming near it. The vortex harms(An Mani), poisons(In Nox) and curses(Des Sanct) any creature that touches it.
My memory serves!

alatar

Post by alatar »

energy vortex did curse.. it was also bugged a long time ago and was able to attack someone of higher elevation if it was standing diretly under you but on the same tile.. :wink:
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.