Sudden Gaining Cap? No gains any longer, at all

Moderator: Support Moderators

Rha

Sudden Gaining Cap? No gains any longer, at all

Post by Rha »

Hi,

today I was training magery and meditation. gains were slow, but quite steady. then at some point I noticed that I stopped gaining.
my magery is 72 and medi 55.

i burned through more than 250 ebolts and didnt get a single magery/medi gain. not a single one. I can simply not imagine that this is normal behaviour.

is there any hidden gaining cap?

Open for suggestions - thanks :-)

Pirul

Re: Sudden Gaining Cap? No gains any longer, at all

Post by Pirul »

At 72 real skill? You should still be gaining with e-bolts. Sometimes you might hit what seems like an eternity without gaining, but sooner or later it will budge and start gaining again. I have also been training Magery / Med on a char these last 2 days, and steadily gained from around 60 to around 80 with about 2k e-bolts (so it's not a server issue).

The med issue, if you're at 55, make sure you are attempting to med when your mana is below 50 at least (better if it's closer to 35-40).
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

meditation is difficulty based. to get the best gains, you have to use the skill at different points dependent on your current skill level. 30 med will receive the best gains at 70% total mana, 50 med at 50% total mana, 70 med at 30% total mana etc. if you use the skill with your mana too high, it'll be too easy and you wont gain. if your mana is too low, it'll be too difficult and you wont gain.

sk8shorty01

Post by sk8shorty01 »

There is a total skill cap of 700. If you have 700 total skill points, something with points has to go down (set arrow down) in order for another skill to go up.

Are you by chance at the max skill level of 700 total points?

Return to “New Player Help”