Amusing story (I think)

Zershii
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Amusing story (I think)

Post by Zershii »

So, as I'm sure a lot of you know, Pirul is helping me raise my healing and resist. My healing is still pretty low, so we were really conservative setting up the macros. He casts one e-bolt every 30 seconds and I heal any time my health falls below 85. Well, we had it running all night and we started it again this morning after the server came back up.

I have to be at work at 8:30 every weekday and most Saturday mornings, but I have the early lunch break (11 a.m.). I drove home and went upstairs to check on Zershii's progress, and just as I got within sight of my screen, I saw the message on the bottom of the screen that I had run out of bandages.

A few seconds later, that final bandage finished applying and I had no more than a minute and a half before Pirul would have cast three e-bolts and certainly killed me. I wouldn't have lost anything of course since I was out of bandages and I just have a death robe on, because I have certainly died a few times since this process started a few nights ago.

Things are progressing well though. I estimate that when I get home I'll be in the mid 60s with my healing and low to mid 70s with my resist.

I just thought it was kind of crazy that I got to my computer at the very instant I ran out of bandages.
Zershii (Mystic Paladins of Sosaria), Great Lakes 1998-2001

MPS : Vesper, Mongo, Thor, Baumgarp, Bruce Wayne

Pirul

Re: Amusing story (I think)

Post by Pirul »

Zer, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but somehow you ended up dead (at least that's how it appears to be on MyUOSA). :(
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Zershii
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zershii »

Really? Awe, that's OK. How many regs do you have left?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Not sure, I can't check for another hour or so (still at work). If I had close to 700 when we started it up this morning, and I was casting twice per minute, that's 350 minutes, almost 6 hrs. worth of regs. We started it around 7:30 (?) and you died after 11:30 (?), thus a rough estimate of 200 or so.

Zershii
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zershii »

So wait, how can you tell I'm dead?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Follow this link.

Whenever you want to check, you can go to MyUOSA (theres a link for it at the top left of the page) and search your chars, guild, friends, foes, etc.

Zershii
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zershii »

Oh man, that's really cool. Yeah I'm probably dead. I'm still at a point where I can fail two straight heals, and if I do that, there's a good chance I'm a goner. No problem, I got some good gains last night and this morning. Now I can start poisoning myself to raise my healing and then another night of e-bolts and I should be ready for flamestrikes.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Alright. Let me know when you want to start with the FS's.

Zershii
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zershii »

Pirul, what are your thoughts on taking my healing from low 60s to 80? I don't really want to do the snake/scorpion/slime thing. I will probably just cast poison on myself over and over, but if I succeed in curing myself, I am only curing and not healing any damage. I don't have a second account to heal Zershii. Would you be willing to set a macro to cast greater heal on me every 60 seconds or so? I'll provide regs of course.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Zershii wrote:Pirul, what are your thoughts on taking my healing from low 60s to 80? I don't really want to do the snake/scorpion/slime thing. I will probably just cast poison on myself over and over, but if I succeed in curing myself, I am only curing and not healing any damage. I don't have a second account to heal Zershii. Would you be willing to set a macro to cast greater heal on me every 60 seconds or so? I'll provide regs of course.
Hey Z, I am working on my Achemist, I'll make you some poison kegs and PM you a macro that will take your healing up. I'll work on it today and see if I can have it by tonight.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Zershii
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zershii »

Cool, thanks. I could drink a greater heal potion every minute or two to get my HP up couldn't I?

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

No, that's a waste. I'll give you a macro that will do it all for you. You will need LOTS of bandages.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I recomend also using bandages to heal yourself. Put in a couple of "if" statements regarding your popison and healing success.

if "fail to cure"
dbl click aid
if "cure of all"
if HP's <= "XX"
dbl click aid
if "does not help"
dbl click aid
etc.

You'll take more aids, and it'll be a bit slower, but it will probably be cheaper than buying a ton of GHeal regs. Plus, I can't time my GH to your health, so I'd have to cast regardless of your health and a lot would be wasted.

Zershii
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zershii »

Well, I could experiment with my success rate curing the poison and see how many times I fail to cure myself and how long it takes my health to get low. I think you're right though Pirul. I'm making it way more complicated than it needs to be.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

If you still want to do it the GHeal way, I'm available. I just think the other way could be simpler and cheaper (plus you'll still get some gains from the regular heals).