Any old enemies from Chesapeake around?

Topics related to Second Age
Foopy

Any old enemies from Chesapeake around?

Post by Foopy »

Foopy of LoD here. I have seen some quotes attributed to Ironfist Max but few other names I remember offhand. Just started up last week drop me a line if you wish.

Lazarus

Re: Any old enemies from Chesapeake around?

Post by Lazarus »

I dont remember LoD but I was in DwB (Dark Warriors of Britannia) we were a fairly large guild at one time.

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

Wow, LoD. Haven't heard that in a while. Fought against -S- (The Syndicate) alot right? Hard to remember those old guilds...
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

Foopy

Post by Foopy »

Your name looks familiar Monk. We fought -S- plenty, particularly in this era, though our hey day was UO:R on OSI fighting OiN, NfC, dnd, DsR, -S-, A*G and -Z-. We also were still rolling deep post AOS on Hubris (Tal and Paladine's server) and Hybrid.

We were still getting our act together for most of T2A and couldn't really touch OiN, KoC, MiM and some of the other earlier PVP guilds but we were there on Vesper strip trying all the same.

Ironfist played with us for a little while, Velvet, PooKie, Gritdog, Marius Leitdorf and myself were the core of LoD and stuck together pretty much through all of OSI until AOS put a nail in the coffin. I had some short stays in NfC and DsR as well when LoD was on sabbatical.

If you pvp'ed on Chesapeake you probably would have had some run ins with us. We did Order/Chaos, Factions, wars and PK at various times and often at the same time.

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

I remember always fighting LoD outside of vesper!
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

Foopy

Post by Foopy »

BenBrawl wrote:I remember always fighting LoD outside of vesper!
We got our start walling off the strip and having animals guard the boxes. Flagged anyone who moved the box at which point we all came out of hiding firing our heavies, up to 25 of us at times. Far from elite PvP but probably the most enjoyable/hilarious times I ever had in game.

Shortly thereafter we discovered vent and graduated to real guildwars.

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

i just remember the massive pvp wars n everyone refuring to the road that goes to the vesper gy as LoD road
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

WOODY

Post by WOODY »

anyone from guild s^c?

Foopy

Post by Foopy »

BenBrawl wrote:i just remember the massive pvp wars n everyone refuring to the road that goes to the vesper gy as LoD road
Well cheers to you. That was as far as it got from the pinnacle of our pvp ability but definitely the most enjoyable UO I ever played. We owned the second house out and made our presence known to be certain. We had as many thieves as mages for a LONG time.

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

All of that sounds familiar, especially the Vesper action. I was a med-fighter back then (Qstaff, healer's robe and a straw hat). Man those were great times
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

<- Octavious from A*G

:wave:

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

A*G was Atomic Gods right? I remember fighting some of you guys

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Drunk Monk wrote:All of that sounds familiar, especially the Vesper action. I was a med-fighter back then (Qstaff, healer's robe and a straw hat). Man those were great times
I didn't spend too much time near vesper, but heres a screenshot from late '99. The purple guys are my (very small) guild [DLG] I don't know if another might recognize the others.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

your name definatly rings a bell. I played on chessy around the same time, and frequently engaged in Vesper pvp action. My townie back then was HalloweeN, played with DsR for a while, and TkT if u remember them. They were another pvp guild that spent alot of time around Vesper, and eventually merged with the DsR guild.

long shot here, but did u used to play with a guy named Stonewall Jackson back then?

Foopy

Post by Foopy »

ClowN wrote:your name definatly rings a bell. I played on chessy around the same time, and frequently engaged in Vesper pvp action. My townie back then was HalloweeN, played with DsR for a while, and TkT if u remember them. They were another pvp guild that spent alot of time around Vesper, and eventually merged with the DsR guild.

long shot here, but did u used to play with a guy named Stonewall Jackson back then?
I actually remember you specifically and have rolled with Pala and Mynock in DsR on either divinity or defiance since everyone quit OSI.

DsR was far and away my favorite guild to fight because you guys never offscreened and had some genuinely good people in your guild which was not something that could be said for OiN, KoC and NfC (Hector, Ironfist Max and several other people were exceptions).

Derrick thank you so freakin much for posting that screen of us. I haven't seen any since our old website went down and will begin sharing it immediately. I even remember the owner of the merch shop to the right- Blacklin. We were absolute garbage at PvP then but we weren't a true PVP guild until a year or so later. I would imagine the fools in black would be either -S-(Shadow Syndicate) or AoD (Army of Darkness).

As for Stonewall Jackson I don't really remember him despite remembering the names of at least 10 people who haven't played since 98-99. Entirely possible that I did though.

Guilds who fought around Vesper almost exclusively at that time were LoV, RDz W-W, KoS and OsR. There may have been others too but those were the ones that ALWAYS had a presence in Vesper.

Oh and my name always had the prefix Mr on OSI.