Further additions to housing accuracy rollout

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Further additions to housing accuracy rollout

Post by Mens Rea »

Housing Update Phase 3 Dec 21 1998 1:48PM
HOUSING

- Friend of the house is defined as
* Being the house's owner
* Being on the house's explicit friends list
* Being a character on the same account as the owner, unless you own a house yourself

- Functions which previously depended on holding a key will now generally depend on being a friend of the house.

- Only friends of the house will be able to rename locked down runes.

- [with regard to house sign menus - but I think this was removed in a later patch] will put (under guard protection) in the case of a public house that is guarded.
Holiday Gifts! Dec 23 1998 9:37AM
Miscellaneous

- Whenever a friend of the house uses the house sign, it will give them a message in the lower left corner, saying "Welcome back to the house, friend." This is because of confusion players had as to whether their alternate characters were friends or not.

I can see an accuracy-exception discussion occuring here... Hell, I'd rather not post the below info but hell - Derrick wants accuracy, he can have accuracy.
Mini-Update Sep 1 1999 7:36PM CST

The following changes will be in effect after the shards come back from their daily maintenance.

* Characters that are flagged as criminals or aggressors will no longer be able to instantly log out of the game while in their house or in an inn.
* Murderers (reds) who are not flagged as criminals or aggressors will be able to instantly log out of the game while in their house or in an inn.
NOTE ABOVE: AT THE MOMENT IT IS ONLY AGGRESSORS WHO HAVE ATTACKED A BLUE - AGGRESSORS WHO HAVE ATTACKED REDS/GREYS/PERMAS CAN STILL INSTA-LOG. AS CAN LOOTERS, THIEVES, ETC = CRIMINALS. ACCURACY TIME! ^_^

AND THEN
Sept. 22nd Publish Sep 22 1999 4:27PM CST

Other Changes
* Red players cannot insta-log from houses.
Have fun ^_^

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Further additions to housing accuracy rollout

Post by Bigoud »

As we said, there was an easy exploit at that time to co own / friend all the chars from the same account.

I suggest that you dont make change to current system unless you can also had this bug in.

I dont understand who is annoyed by the fact that all your chars are auto friend/co own... it's a plus in the game. anyway...
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Bigoud wrote:As we said, there was an easy exploit at that time to co own / friend all the chars from the same account.

I suggest that you dont make change to current system unless you can also had this bug in.

I dont understand who is annoyed by the fact that all your chars are auto friend/co own... it's a plus in the game. anyway...
It's not a matter about being annoyed. The shards mantra is not to "not being annoying" the shards mantra is "accuracy to a grey area between before and after the 23 Nov 1999 patch".

In the spirit of accuracy - prove that your bug exists and it might very well be implemented.

And as I said - I have posted about your bug before - But my source did not reliably prove it, and it seemed impossible to implement.

Get researching, as I said.

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

Bigoud wrote:As we said, there was an easy exploit at that time to co own / friend all the chars from the same account.

Pretty sure that bug was to friend a char who owned a house. Dbl-click dagger and log -> wait timeout -> log in house owner and add friend then log out with cursor up -> log in first char and click on char. Something like that.

That bug might have been easier when friends first got patched in, and I have no idea if it still worked during our era.

Sum_Mors

Post by Sum_Mors »

I'd always remembered, and found evidence for but never brought up, reds could not insta-log. Ever. What he posts is true.

Commence whining about the perma-red additions and how people REMEMBER insta-logging their precious red.