Tactics WONT BUDGE

Moderator: Support Moderators

klep

Tactics WONT BUDGE

Post by klep »

Ok the general consensus on this shard is to get GM tactics off a hired npc is you have to GM multiple weapon skills and eventually it will hit GM.

I went from GM Macing, and I had 95.2 Tactics, Decided I wanted to turn my Character into a Fencer/Parry character and I have went from 0 fencing to roughly 85 Fencing with NO TACTICS GAINS, Is it because Macing is pointed down and almost 0 now? Seriously any tips or suggestions other than the wise ass are your arrows pointed in the right direction are welcome.

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Tactics WONT BUDGE

Post by applejack »

Tactics has to be near the weapon skill in order for it to gain. I'm not sure how close, but in the scenario you described no tactics would not raise from 95 while getting a weapon skill 0-85. I'm guessing it will start to go up once fencing gets to around 90.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

you would have been better off using your GM weapon skill to gain your tactics.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

No, it's fine, he wants to GM another wep skill, by the time he GM's fencing, he should GM tactics. Had he used macing, he would've surely GM'ed tactics but would've (i) made more damage to the NPC he's training fencing on, and (ii) wasted time of fencing practice.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

grepler

Post by grepler »

I had no trouble GM'ing tactics off of some of the easier mobs out there. Go kill a bunch of Ogre's, Trolls and Ettins. You will find tons of them north of yew.

Orbanaz

Post by Orbanaz »

I went from 96.7 tactics to GM in about 4 or 5 hours beating an NPC Fighter with a Butcher Knife, so it's possible. The gains seemed to come in bunches. Resist on the other hand . . .

jda

Post by jda »

you're melee skills has to be close to your tactics in order to increase now.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

jda wrote:you're melee skills has to be close to your tactics in order to increase now.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Return to “New Player Help”