When attacked, Attacker is blue!?!?!

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
i8paintchipz

When attacked, Attacker is blue!?!?!

Post by i8paintchipz »

I've noticed a lot of times. If i'm on my thief and steal something from someone. Sometimes when that person attacks me hes blue to me not grey. This isn't right is it?!?!? I killed the last person who did this... Dejavu I believe his name was. Well after he died I was reported then removed from the thieves guild.

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: When attacked, Attacker is blue!?!?!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Yup, if youre a thief and steal from someone they can attack you and kill you with no count, but if you kill them you get a count and are removed from the guild for a week.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This is because stealing is an aggressive act, it is treating the death as if you started the fight. This is accurate to OSI, there's many pages of discussion on it including era comments from OSI devs on this. The only time this is not the case is when you are completely successful in stealing the item.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

i believe if you flag grey for stealing, and the person you stole from attacks you, they stay blue. if you remain blue (are not noticed) or if somebody other than the person you stole from attacks you, your attacker will go grey to you.

i could actually be wrong, but i think thats how it works. if anybody else has any insight on this i would be interested to hear it.

SVrider

Post by SVrider »

thieves live such a tough life. can't wait to get me a slice of the pie

edit: and who the #@$ gets kill by a thief? or what kind of thieving build are you rocking?
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

If you steal from a blue, don't let them attack you (in town at least) for 2 minutes when the criminal/aggressor flag wears off. This is especially important in town, and out of town because they may be able to coax you into damaging them gaining you a murder count.