[silly] The Quest to End Ugly Clothing!

This is the place for Screenshots and Razor Packet Video Uploads 15MB max on RPV's
Forum rules
Please if you haven't, make an account on myUOSA: http://my.uosecondage.com and Submit some pics!
You can also associate images with your character pages there.
Caerwyn

[silly] The Quest to End Ugly Clothing!

Post by Caerwyn »

Hello, I'm Caerwyn, and due to my complete and utter lack of anything better to do with my alloted time on this Earth (or Sosaria, I guess), I took it upon myself to end the horrible scourge of modern day Brittanic Life:

Ugly Clothing.

Wont somoene think of the unspawning children???

Most of Thursday (July 20th), I was anonymously dropping pouches with complete outfits, all of 'exceptional' quality hand made by yours truly in various places around Britain. Mostly West Brit Bank and near the Inn where newbies appear. Most of the colors I used in making these clothes were (sort of) rare NPC-only colors that are not available from your standard dye tub, and only appear in select places across the lands of Brittania.

Surprisingly enough, most people didn't just grab them and sell them. For the most part, people actually put them on. These are a select few of the screen shots I secretly took of your characters taking and wearing my clothing. (honestly, I didn't get that many, it took me a few hours of doing this before I remembered Razor can take screen shots!)

The famed Bremlin, looking svelt and sexy in a light sienna

Crush, I think you picked up several of my pouches, but here's you actually asking for one! :)

Here's two for the price of one: Sven and AustynDaman both looking good in forest green.

Who will be next? If you see me on the streets of Brit lurking around and hiding under the eaves of buildings, I might have a bag for you! :) Remember, real friends don't let friends play UO while wearing ugly clothing.

Oh, and just to add to the pointless silliness, lets give a big hand to the hard working guards of Moonglow:

Neither rain nor snow nor miscellaneous dismembered body parts (what were YOU thinking she was talking about???) will distract the guardians of our Blueness!

Caerwyn
Sooner or later, everyone returns to Ultima Online.

Lupos

Re: [silly] The Quest to End Ugly Clothing!

Post by Lupos »

Haha I did notice you were certainly a sharp dresser around Moonglow. Where are all these dye tubs you speak of?

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

Dude. The orange and blue outfits are HIDEOUS. You're only creating more problems with those.
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Lets see you do better sjane
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Caerwyn

Post by Caerwyn »

Lupos wrote:Haha I did notice you were certainly a sharp dresser around Moonglow. Where are all these dye tubs you speak of?
Thank you! :D

These are bolts of cloth that are colors not available in a dye vat. I don't want to give away my secrets, but I'm sure most people have noticed the NPC's often (but not always) spawn in colors that players can't normlly make with a standard vat? Like the various reds of the alchemist vendors or the blues worn by mages? You can often get *close* with a dye vat, but often not the exact NPC color.

Thieves who want to 'hide' as an NPC should consider this, especially when using the disguise kit. I've spotted (I think) several PC's disguised as NPC's around WBB (doing the 'one step/pause/one step' NPC shuffle) wearing the 'wrong' colors. It can be hard to tell, because some (like NPC 'artisans') often spawn with the obnoxiously bright colors worn by PC's as well.
SJane3384 wrote:Dude. The orange and blue outfits are HIDEOUS. You're only creating more problems with those.
Well, my screen prints seem to shift the color slightly. The 'in game' color is more a warm sienna than the "fecal matter' brown showing in my screen prints. :lol: Anyone know how to fix this?

But, just to make you feel better, I have a bunch of NEW PICTURES!

Here's the Famed VaLaRyA, Riding a Llama and looking sexy in Leaf Green by WBB!

Lorene, you thought you could run away, but I caught you in this stunning silver-blue ensemble!

The Admirable Omega actually did run away before putting this Sunset Red suit on, but I tracked you down and caught you giving a new meaning to Admirable! 8)

Be on the lookout, Brittanic Citizens, I have bolts of what can only be described as Tyran Purple and I'm not afraid to use them!

Caerwyn

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

Blackfoot -- On it...
Caerwyn -- The periwinkle and sage are definitely smexy. What about different clothing combos though?
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

Pro

Post by Pro »

this thread is all that's wrong with uo

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Crap, thats how you get the colors, NPCS!
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Caerwyn

Post by Caerwyn »

SJane3384 wrote:Caerwyn -- The periwinkle and sage are definitely smexy. What about different clothing combos though?
Thanks! I have more stuff at my vendor in my tiny one-room house (50 Degrees 5 Min N / 28 Deg 3 Min W ... due SE of Yew), I've been leaving out the 'standard' stuff most people wear. Not exactly a massive brittanic market for (non-magical) bonnets, tall straw hats, or doublets, sadly enough. :o

I've been considering leaving out more plain or fancy dresses, but statistically a majority of the PC's you see (and, I'm assuming, the player base itself) are male. Not *ALL* of course, but a majority. I think only one or two dresses I've left out for people have actually been worn by someone. Typically some newbie grabs the dresses and sells them for gold. Not exactly my target demographic! :shock: Fancy shirts and kilts/long pants seem to work better for what I'm doing. And LOTS of body sashes, strangely enough. I've had more people ask me specifically for those than anything else.

And, I think kilts are just really funny. :lol:

just to prove my point, here are MORE PICTURES of you all, taken today by myself:

The Admirable Merlin only took a few pieces I left out, but is there anything more METAL than a kilt and cloak?

Here's one of my 'repeat' customers, getting another suit. The Fair Myg lost his last set, and mentioned to me 'in game' the PK base are perhaps the best 'second hand' users of my products! :twisted: I wonder if any of them will let me live long enough to take a screen shot of them before kicking my soon-to-be-monochromatic backside?

And finally, here's The Unsavory KEVIN FORD, looking positively kingly in Imperial Purple.

***** EDIT ******

Showing I can bring 'the sexy' back to Brittania for the ladies, Here's Amelie Desreux in a stunning Dress suitable for the Courtiers of His Magesty!
Pro wrote:this thread is all that's wrong with uo
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I am afraid I must respectfully disagree with your position. UO has always been more of a sandbox than WOW or other MMORPG's on the market. In many, but not all peoples' minds (like myself), Sosoaria is a world to play in, not just a computer game to be played. It's a world I've been playing in since... err... when did Akalabeth: World of Doom and Ultima I: First Age of Darkness come out? Late 70's to early 80's? Sweet Eris Above, I was around nine or ten when I was first introduced to this nutty place of Mr. Garriott's!

Although some people might disagree with me on this point (as is their right, of course), I personally would not want to play a game where the only "viable" play option involves running around as the pixilated incarnation of some pseudo-Randian Ubermensh, and where the only "fun" to be had is being a homicidal grave robbing maniac focused entirely on maximum tactical advantage in combat to the exclusion of all else. If I wanted that, I'd play a rousing game of pen-and-paper D&D! (second edition, preferably) :wink: In UO, something as silly as baking cookies is a valid, in-game and totally system supported action people can indulge in if they wish. Not everyone will want to bake cookies, of course; but it is an option for those among us who might feel the need one day. And, lets be honest, cookies aren't going to cook themselves, now are they? :P

This was a LOT harder on Pacifica (?) shard in the 90's in UOSA and UOR, but I had fun doing it. And, I'm having fun now. Personally, I hope the people who see a candid picture of their character dressed in the colorful clothing I made will have fun as well.

Your mileage may vary.

Caerwyn

Caerwyn

Post by Caerwyn »

Ok, a couple more people were caught in my web of exotic fabric and pointless lies.

And purple. Lots of purple:

Here's the Despicable Crumb, looking oddly monochromatic in comparison to her usual fare.

Burfamafungis, I gotta say, the black half-apron doesn't look half-as-good as that dress does on you! :)

And finally, here's Mr Trapper, Dropping his newbie items and acquiring a fine set of clothes.

What color will I pick next? Only the NPC that will drop it knows. Or Derrick, he might know as well. :)

Caerwyn

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Caerwyn

Post by Caerwyn »

hah! Thats awesome! I guess The Fair Myg was correct. PK's *ARE* the best second-hand consumers of my products!

r-, you're looking all dangerous in that red!

Caerwyn

Hagane

Post by Hagane »

Caerwyn is turning Sosaria in to Thailand one cross dresser at a time.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

r is so dashing

ba dum bum
*cymbal*

get it?
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Caerwyn

Post by Caerwyn »

Hagane wrote:Caerwyn is turning Sosaria in to Thailand one cross dresser at a time.

They're kilts. KILTS I say! :P
nightshark wrote: r is so dashing

ba dum bum
*cymbal*

get it?
I get it. It's a running joke? :lol:

Speaking of running jokes, here are MORE PICTURES!!!

Here's Viridiana Sovari. Better look quick, she's macroing her hiding!

And here's three for the price of one! The Upstanding Thevan, The Dastardly Flash Hardstar, and the Glorious Sexy Smithy, all looking both Glorious and Sexy, regardless of their titles!

That's it for the purple for now. I'm scoping out some blue and some mauve, and if you're not careful I might be scoping *YOUR* character out wearing them!

:P

Caerwyn