Way to automagically re-connect after disconnect?

bulldog13

Way to automagically re-connect after disconnect?

Post by bulldog13 »

My wireless connection at home is flaky and drops me for like 5 seconds every 30 minutes. The problem with this is it causes a disconnect from the server....

Does anyone know of a method for automagically reconnecting and continuing a razor macro? I am working stats / hiding after hearing about this shard on reddit, but am not making much progress with these constants disconnects.

Thoughts ?

Populus

Re: Way to automagically re-connect after disconnect?

Post by Populus »

Unfortunately there's not much you can do I'm afraid. Razor can't do such things /=

You'd be better off hearing with your internet provider and tell them to fix your internet. Matron can probably help you out.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

It's possible with the help of some external automation tool : http://forum.joinuo.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=566
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

bulldog13 wrote:My wireless connection at home is flaky and drops me for like 5 seconds every 30 minutes. The problem with this is it causes a disconnect from the server....

Does anyone know of a method for automagically reconnecting and continuing a razor macro? I am working stats / hiding after hearing about this shard on reddit, but am not making much progress with these constants disconnects.

Thoughts ?
That literally sounds like the problem I was having.

Check if you are dropping connection to your router, or just the internet.

If it's the net, change the modem, AND the power supply. Make sure the power supply is the correct one for the modem. My ISP gave me something that was 1/2 the amps needed.

Do you have a cordless phone? Unplug it, turn off your microwave, keep your cell phone away, and monitor the connection. I just used chatzilla (an irc client) to see how frequent it was disconnecting and reconnecting.

If you still have a problem, update your routers firmware if you are using an older one.

I installed this on my router (http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index) and it made a huge difference in speed, but I would still randomly drop.

I did several tracert's from the command prompt and eventually performed one right when I was losing connection. I did this a few times and found the location there was an issue.

The cable people were out at my house, checked all the lines and everything like 5 times.

FINALLY my connection dropped while the cable co was performing a line test. It was an intermittent short somewhere (not my house etc). After weeks of complaining I got the number for the specific local branch that runs lines, and performs maintenance in my area. They ran a new line from another drop on my street and everything has worked great since.

I would do the modem, cordless-phones, router-updates, monitoring and tracerting. Then have a tech come and check your house. Try wiggling the wires outside and see if that causes the issue. If that all works good but you still have issues. Dont bother calling the main tech support line, just get in contact with your local rep, they are the ones that can actually fix things.

I also had them comp the entire time I was having issues, not just my high-speed bill, but they covered 1/2 my cable tv costs as well.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Might also want to try downloading inSSIDer and run it on your laptop, see if any of your neighbors are using a wireless router broadcasting on the same channel as yours, and if so, change yours accordingly.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter