White tubs to go with the black ones.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
eyesdearth

White tubs to go with the black ones.

Post by eyesdearth »

If I'm not the only one that gets tired of black gear, anyway.

I've found that hue 2042 works best, since it's white enough to be white but not so white that you can't see the details of the clothing. There are brighter whites in the hues file but they bleed out all contrast and definition. It even looks mostly okay in the paperdoll.

The tub itself looks awful, though. Like it's halfway through exploding.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: White tubs to go with the black ones.

Post by Kaivan »

Unfortunately, white clothing of this type didn't exist until publish 16 of UOR (the last publish before AoS). It's probably not going to see any action here because of the lack of accuracy here.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

eyesdearth

Post by eyesdearth »

I wasn't aware that it ever existed. I suggested it as a novelty, on the assumption that you guys would at some point implement new rewards, to prevent the game from getting stale.

Accuracy to era-specific game mechanics is one thing, but I don't personally see a reason to adhere to era-specific rewards, especially when they're only cosmetic. The point of a reward is that it's something that people want. I could just as easily alter my client hues so that hue 1 looks like hue 2042 for the same effect from my end, replacing black with white. What's the difference?

When in T2A did the roof of the west Britain bank get a teleporter / trap tile so people couldn't get stuck up there after teleporting? When I originally quit the game that wasn't there yet.

Zim

Post by Zim »

Pretty sure the teleporters were placed on a shard by shard basis originally, I know Pacific had one early on.

benny-

Post by benny- »

that white looks like shit imo...looks like the millions of other neon hues free shards use to offer pixelated crack for people who want to assault others' eyes....one big turnon for me with this shard is the lack of neons....something Ive sorely missed since t2a....cant change the image of the game and still maintain accuracy
- Elisud

Prurk

Post by Prurk »

far too bright for my eyes.

SirMeeks

Post by SirMeeks »

seems way too bright, I'd hate to these type of additions snowball into much more.

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

I wouldn't mind a pure-white cloth but not this neon bank-sitting Luna-looking cloth...maybe the color of a ww...

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

eyesdearth wrote:...I could just as easily alter my client hues so that hue 1 looks like hue 2042 for the same effect from my end, replacing black with white. What's the difference?...
Go ahead, then.