Test Insta Swings

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Omnicron

Test Insta Swings

Post by Omnicron »

For anyone who has not been on test lately you should try it out. Insta swings are at a point where they don't always swing. Explode/ebolt/hally swing was the prefered attack on uo back in the day. Its impossable on test right now. Not only that your swing can get disrupted by someone spaming attack last not even standing next to you. I have complained about the way pvp is before but this seems like a step in the wrong direction. Actually I retract my previous complaint and say that pvp isn't so bad the way it is now. It's not exactly era accurate but at least it is managable. I think everyone can agree with the last few changes it seems like uosa has lost alot of players. I know I shoulden't get worked up because this is why we have test. I'm just putting my two cents in.

Faust

Re: Test Insta Swings

Post by Faust »

Please explain, anyone.
Mini UOR Publish - http://update.uo.com/design_195.html wrote: Players using melee weapons in combat will now hold their swing until their target is in range.
This same process exists in the original OSI code that works in two instances. First, when you're in combat the timer continues to loop the currently equipped weapon delay. Second, if you're not in combat(IE:tab out) the timer continues to move forward past the current weapon delay. The reason it functions this way is because the 'range' check comes after the code that processes the swing.

Wrestling has a delay of 2.25s at 25 stam.
Hally has a delay of 4.75s at 25 stam.

A timer that loops every 2.25s can never even reach 'half' of a standard hally delay when there is a combatant. The only way this could be achieved is by tabbing out OR swings holding in a held state like they currently do on the server. However, swings holding in a held state is quite the contrary to the UOR patch note that is past the t2a era listed above here.

Moving forward to the equip delay... The equip delay was patched in '97 that is simply a reset on your delay EVERY time you equip a weapon. There are many documented sources describing this game mechanic. How could an explosion, ebolt, hally combo take place if this was the case? I'm definitely not saying this combo isn't possible since I used it many times myself... However, the known facts simply do not back any of this up for some reason. Unless someone can come up with something that hasn't been mentioned as of now. Also, I don't remember ever being forced to tab out in order to pull off the combo too.

Hopefully someone can add something that may help here.