Squelched

Moderator: Support Moderators

jk91289

Squelched

Post by jk91289 »

I've been squelched for having a macro say guards repeatedly so thieves would stay away from me while i was afk. Its lasted all day now. I didnt know it was a problem to say guards to protect urself i see people doing it all the time like me and ive never had a problem. Id like to play with my char again, i worked real hard on him. how do i get unsquelched?

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Squelched

Post by Karik Verlee »

Theres a sign at the WBB saying no spamming. If you were at WBB you were given fair warning.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

jk91289

Post by jk91289 »

hmm. well first of all spamming means soliciting or advertising, trying to sell something. All I was doing was saying guards, doesnt exactly fall into the category of spam. Second, I see everyone else saying guards when theyre afk and I've always done that never having a problem. Regardless, point is I didnt know better, now I do so i wont do it again, and I would like to be able to speak again

Lupos

Post by Lupos »

use the help option in game. simple.

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

jk91289 wrote:hmm. well first of all spamming means soliciting or advertising, trying to sell something. All I was doing was saying guards, doesnt exactly fall into the category of spam. Second, I see everyone else saying guards when theyre afk and I've always done that never having a problem. Regardless, point is I didnt know better, now I do so i wont do it again, and I would like to be able to speak again
Spam (in online games and chat at least) just means repeating text to the point of nuisance. For example, if I repeatedly type "hahaahahahasdffd", that's spamming. It gets annoying. Especially now that calling guards on criminal doesn't require line of sight. So it's a good thing they enforce this rule now.

But anyway, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to speak again.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, just page to become unsquelched.

I understand people do this at the bank, if it's reported or if staff happens to notice it we'll squelch but we don't idle there waiting for people like a cop at an ovepass :)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Return to “New Player Help”