grey bug

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
maceone

grey bug

Post by maceone »

I posted a few hrs earlier about turning grey while killing lichs .No magic involoved..I stayed grey for over a hr and logged off.My razor crimetime went off at 360 seconds.I stayed grey.I took a snapshot.I logged back on over an hr later,now thats over 2 hrs total and im still grey.I will post another snapshot..Can anyone tell me whats going on? Thx!
Attachments
the first snapshot after a hr grey
the first snapshot after a hr grey
second one 2 hrs after.notice the time on top right hand corner
second one 2 hrs after.notice the time on top right hand corner

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: grey bug

Post by Karik Verlee »

Your blue
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Karik Verlee wrote:Your blue
Were you not in IRC yesterday going on about how you can't believe people use the wrong your/you're on the forums....

Anyway, is there any chance you set your "innocent" color to something other than blue?

I think asking a banker to open your bank would be a good way to figure this out really quick.

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Okay, I just killed you and your corpse is gray. I assume you're a theif and are perma gray.
http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/3734

This is you and you have GM snooping so I assume youre a thief.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Why would he appear grey to himself for that long then?

Client bug?

I wonder if he somehow stole from himself, marking himself perma grey to himself lol?
It's worth testing out.
Last edited by MatronDeWinter on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Were you not in IRC yesterday going on about how you can't believe people use the wrong your/you're on the forums....

Anyway, is there any chance you set your "innocent" color to something other than blue?

I think asking a banker to open your bank would be a good way to figure this out really quick.
Matron pwned me.

Anyway. Hes a thief. Ive never played a thief so I can't attest to if you view yourself as gray.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

You never view yourself as grey unless you are a criminal. Perma thieves see themselves as blue, and any attacker as grey.

People who have been stolen from will view a thief as grey until the thief dies. I think something relating to that has taken place, or it is simply a client bug.

maceone

Post by maceone »

i was a thief.what does that have to do with it..As i said,i was fighting a lich at the time this happened..Anyways,somethings not rite here..Thx to everyone for input and help anyways..

maceone

Post by maceone »

Karik Verlee wrote:Okay, I just killed you and your corpse is gray. I assume you're a theif and are perma gray.
http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/3734

This is you and you have GM snooping so I assume youre a thief.
Thx for help.. after i rezzed myself i was blue again.

maceone

Post by maceone »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Were you not in IRC yesterday going on about how you can't believe people use the wrong your/you're on the forums....dont have irc..u gotthe wrong guy

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Weird.
I think this is related to perma-grey somehow he's seeing his own flag.

Will try to reporduce. Thanks.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Derrick wrote:Weird.
I think this is related to perma-grey somehow he's seeing his own flag.

Will try to reporduce. Thanks.
yeah i had this happen to my thief a few months back i even paged braden about it. I was perma grey and i viewed my self as grey. reloging did not help either but killing my self got rid of it on my end but to everyone else i was blue. definitely some client side stuff going on with this
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

RainbowBeard

Post by RainbowBeard »

I had a different experience with this about a month ago. I wrote it off as a weird quirk of being permagrey at the time, but I still didn't understand what had happened. This is how it happened to me.

I was on my thief on Moonglow island. I was running to the moongate to head to Britain when I saw some guy standing at the moongate. I snooped him and targeted a wand he was carrying. He jumped through the gate and I followed him with my steal cursor up. When we were both in the same place I hit last target, and successfully stole the wand. I jumped a couple gates and ended back on Moonglow. I used the wand on myself, and it turned out to be a lightning wand. After I took the damage I became grey to myself. I waited out the timer, but I wasn't going blue. After almost 10 min, I decided to test it out and ran to the bank. I was able to bank just fine so I figured it was showing my permagrey status for some reason and I was okay. Seconds later I get gangbanged at the bank by a bunch of people I hadn't even touched. After I died I was able to wait out the normal timer and get ressed again as a blue.

Not totally the same as the first post, but that was my funky "I'm grey for too long" story.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Nice thanks!
That was my suspicion. When perma grey, you appear to blue to everyone until you are attacked, then you appear grey to the attacker, you attacked yourself revealing the flag, this probably shouldn't happen.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

just fyi, maceone, if you "were a thief", but no longer steal on that character, you should quit the thieves guild or you're fair game for anyone to murder all day long.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”