Newbie Regs/Items + Murderers

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Newbie Regs/Items + Murderers

Post by Mens Rea »

I went to steal some regs from a red called "theidocghost" only to find it told me "You can't steal that".

Newbie items were freely stealable from reds and murderers, and newbie regs were no different.

As soon as you went red if you had any newbie items in your pouch they could be stolen and would remain on your corpse if you died.

Not to mention OSI would ban people for exploiting newbie regs like that to begin with...

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Newbie Regs/Items + Murderers

Post by Karik Verlee »

Mens Rea wrote:Not to mention OSI would ban people for exploiting newbie regs like that to begin with...
How is this exploiting newbie regs?

And you did mention it.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

Karik Verlee wrote:
Mens Rea wrote:Not to mention OSI would ban people for exploiting newbie regs like that to begin with...
How is this exploiting newbie regs?

And you did mention it.

making new characters just for newbie items (or gold in particular atleast) was definatly bannable on OSI. i never heared of this being enforced, but i remember there was a sign in-game at the inn in britain (and possibly other starting points too) that warned againsed doing this. it just never seemed worth the trouble to me though. i think u had to wait a week or something before you could delete a character, so with 1 account and 5 characters it just couldnt have been worth while.

thats besides the point tho. newbie items should definatly be stealable from red players.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

can't remember where my recollection comes from, but i'm fairly certain you could not steal newbie items from red, only loot them. i think i tested it on osi at some point. should be testable on the demo since you don't need to be in the thieves guild to steal from other players
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

i was always under the impression that newbied items behaved like newbied items regardless of the character that was carrying them... UNTIL the character died.

to use house deeds as an example, because they are newbied, they should never be stealable regardless of the notoriety of the character carrying them. they will, of course, be dropped on death if the character carrying them is red, but that doesn't mean they should be stealable.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This is correct, the murderer status of the owner of an item is not checked by stealing. "This item has no value to you." regardless of whether it's a murderer or not. The message was wrong, but the behavior is correct.

Murderer status is only a factor when determining the disposition of the items upon the death of the player.

Hording newbie regs is a different subject but will be checked. However there though be no more issue with making a new character to obtain newbie regs, as there would be to obtain a newbie tinker's kit, as long as account limits are not being violated to do so.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."