PoV Announces a Player Operated Town! - 100k Naming Event!

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Maleus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

PoV Announces a Player Operated Town! - 100k Naming Event!

Post by Maleus »

Located just north of Cove and a few screens from Covetous, our town is open to friends, allies, visitors, tourists, thugs, scum, rats, and whatever else normally inhabits the cities of Britannia. Be sure to read about the "Big 100k Event." More info below.
Town 1.png
Town 1.png (145.31 KiB) Viewed 3152 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (54.4 KiB) Viewed 3152 times
Attractions

Multiple RP Decorated Vendor Shops
Nearly every shop found in a normal town is included providing the same levels of quality service that you would expect from "big city" NPC vendors combined with small-town player run friendliness. Currently there is a Tailor, Mage Shop, Carpenter, Tinker, and Fresh Fish Vendor. Blacksmith, Provisioner and Alchemist are coming soon. (We are currently looking for honest crafters to set up shop in our stores. If interested, please contact Maleus.)

Public Rune Library
The Guild's keep contains a public rune library that is more than equipped to suit the average traveler's needs. More rune books are being added daily.

Public Dueling Area
The roof of PoV's guild keep has been converted into a 1337 pvp haven and is fully furnished with a public observation balcony. Feel free to use it at any time.

New Player Housing
PoV is currently offering small houses to be loaned out for new player macroing and storage. Our convenient location provides easy access to the new player friendly dungeon of Covetous as well as Compassion Desert. PM Malus to inquire about obtaining one.

Mal's Pub
Mal's offers a casual atmosphere to unwind with fellow adventurers after the day's battle, or enjoy a friendly game of Chess or Pool with another patron. Mal's also can provide a more upscale, intimate dining experience in our formal dining room for those looking for an evening meal. When visiting, take time to check out the patio where live music is played around the fire pit. This area provides a great opportunity to tell tall tales and brag of great conquests.

The Humility Inn
The Inn specializes in the highest level of accommodations and service for the most luxury inclined traveler. Enjoy a relaxing massage in our spa area, or have fun in your stateroom on a generous queen size bed.

Order Guard Post
The Guard Post nested within our town provides an extra level of security from marauders and evil creatures.

Host your private or public event here!
There are two public event centers that are perfect for that guild event or resist session where you need a bit of extra space. If you are planning an upcoming public or private event, contact Maleus about being loaned one of our towers free of charge. Have an event idea but no manpower, resources, or space? If it's a good idea, the honest members of PoV are more than willing to help make it happen. Contact Maleus for more information.

The Big Town Naming Event!
Since this is a town for all of UOSA to use and enjoy, we thought the community should have a say in naming it. The person who's name is selected will receive 100k!!

How it works:

One entry per person. Entries should be submitted as a reply to this thread by July 13 at 12AM EST. At that time, PoV as a guild will select our three favorite entries from the lot. Those entries will then be posted in a forum poll for the UOSA community to vote on. The name that wins will become the name of the town. Entries should be well thought out and have a somewhat "Era" feel to them. PoV reserves the right to reject all entries and restart the event in the case that no suitable names are submitted.
Last edited by Maleus on Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:08 am, edited 4 times in total.

Luca|Blight

Re: PoV Announces a Player Operated Town! - 100k Naming Even

Post by Luca|Blight »

Broke Condomville

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Fortuna : the ancient Roman goddess of fortune, identified with the Greek goddess Tyche.

Every town could use some good fortune.
Last edited by GuardianKnight on Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Pro

Post by Pro »

whore island

srs talk: Justice coast or something like that

Tebad

Post by Tebad »

Ordona

Hearse

Post by Hearse »

Loxley

Beatingu

Post by Beatingu »

The great city of Silvermoon.
Ardos wrote:I lost 1.1 mil to BeatingU today. I won the first one of three for 300k. Then he won 4 straight 2/3s and took me for 1.1 mil gold. I retract my statements and should not have dueled this rusty.

Voltron

Post by Voltron »

Cove of Virtues or something similar
GuardianKnight wrote:He wants voltron's sword to be stuck in him.
[23:23] <Alcon> can i get a price check on shemps blade?
ShastaMcNasty wrote:FREE THE RED NIGHTMARE!!!

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Holy hell this is bigger and better than Cove. O.o
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I thought PoV quit.?

Tiwstacain

Post by Tiwstacain »

Trathius Crook

TC

Maleus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Maleus »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I thought PoV quit.?
Uhh no...

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=18857

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=18800

Both all from the last month.

hada79

Post by hada79 »

New Haven

Ransom Random

Post by Ransom Random »

Downtown BrownTown