Stacking/Piling

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Stacking/Piling

Post by Karik Verlee »

GuardianKnight wrote:Well making it so all you have to do is stand on someone or your horse to avoid monsters...game breaking.

And we don't let game breaking exploits in to the game. Correct?
Cast invis on yourself and you can't be attacked, hide and you can't be attacked. Gamebreaking?
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Working as Intended.

Now imagine if this bug were let into the game....I could just summon a pet in survival games or stand on a mongbat the whole game and never die. Can't put a bug in the game and take it out just for the event, afterall.

Game breaker. I have no doubt this could be used to exploit heavy monster spawns and events.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

I think the only solution to this is to define what a gamebreaker is.

To me a gamebreaker is giving unfair skill gains or unfair items(duping) to people.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

For me it's an issue with NPC AI that OSI didn't think of, just like "all follow me". If you want T2A AI this bug should be here.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Faust

Post by Faust »

GuardianKnight wrote:Working as Intended.

Now imagine if this bug were let into the game....I could just summon a pet in survival games or stand on a mongbat the whole game and never die. Can't put a bug in the game and take it out just for the event, afterall.
Actually, you could if you really wanted too... but it's something that wouldn't be a good idea in my opinion. However, using that event in support for this to be a game breaking mechanic doesn't make a lot of sense to me. At least during a time when the events seem to be phasing out at the moment. This bug wouldn't be that big of an issue at heavy monster spawns.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Why doesn't the daemon attack the horse since it "can't" see you? Did monster AI only attack PCs and avoided NPCs, regardless of friendly/non-friendly status?
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Faust wrote:
GuardianKnight wrote:Working as Intended.

Actually, you could if you really wanted too... but it's something that wouldn't be a good idea in my opinion. However, using that event in support for this to be a game breaking mechanic doesn't make a lot of sense to me. At least during a time when the events seem to be phasing out at the moment. This bug wouldn't be that big of an issue at heavy monster spawns.

Monsters have been set to rapidly continue to put you in war mode in that event so it's no help either way.

The world events aren't being phased out though and i could see someone casting EVs in town and not being attacked. Exploit .
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Faust

Post by Faust »

What is so special about casting an EV in town and it not attacking you?

Depending if the town is guarded or not two scenarios would take place... First, guard whacked if it's guarded. Second, flag gray and get killed by other players. The exploit where the EV won't attack you would be the least of the player's concerns.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Faust wrote:What is so special about casting an EV in town and it not attacking you?

Depending if the town is guarded or not two scenarios would take place... First, guard whacked if it's guarded. Second, flag gray and get killed by other players. The exploit where the EV won't attack you would be the least of the player's concerns.
So you would say that Casting EVs in dungeons with no threat of the monster or EV ever bothering you would be just fine? While you are at it, let's go ahead and allow duping.

PS: i get the feeling you know this is a horrible game breaking exploit but just wanna argue.

Faust

Post by Faust »

No, something like this isn't a 'horrible' gaming breaking exploit in my opinion. A 'horrible' game breaking exploit is duping trillions upon trillions of items making world saves 5-10 minutes long and huge amounts of gold completely screwing up the economy. Breaking into a house when someone is logged out sleeping in real life losing all their valuables is a 'horrible' game breaking exploit. However, abusing an npc from being able to attack you ONLY when it's created in game is hardly comparable.

The Z axis exploit where monsters can't dispel exists here... that's pretty much free gold without ever being able to take even one damage. That seems more 'game breaking' than preventing a monster from attacking you by sitting still on top of another mobile until you attack it...

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

The worst thing this is going to cause would be people to be less aware of whats going on, stand on a tame animal or a friend and then a pk can come pk them.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

The big impact this will have is on treasure hunting....