Macroing provocation

Moderator: Support Moderators

Abbynormal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Macroing provocation

Post by Abbynormal »

I've now macroed provo on 2 characters, and felt like I should share my method. Get 2 horses, bring em into your house and trap em with tables then release em. Have about 20 of an instrument on you. You can save this macro for other characters, just right click "Absolute Target" and click "re-target". If working right, you can just set it and go, get GM in 2-2.5 days.

Useskill Provo
Wait for Target
Absolute Target (Click the First horse)
Wait for Target
Absolute Target (Click the Second horse)
Pause .20sec
If Sysmsg = "Your music succeeds, as you start a fight"
Pause 10.0sec
End if
If Sysmsg = "you play poorly, and there is no effect"
Pause 8.00sec
End if
If sysmsg = "Your music fails to incite enough anger"
Pause 8.00sec
End if
**Now double click one of your instruments, right click the line in the macro box, and click "Convert to dclick by type"**

ScoobyDoO

Re: Macroing provocation

Post by ScoobyDoO »

Very helpful, i would like to thank you. One problem thou, what if you dont have a house ? Let me tell you my experience of trying to macro here. Absolutly horrible :) Imagin this..dieing about every 20 mins due to afk greifers. That will take about...1 month to GM provo. I did find one kind gentlemen thou that let me use his house and even gave me some cash. Never asked for it, just asked him for some helpful hints to get skills up without being greifed for your 5 drums. His name is Alex and he has a house at brit moongate. So if you see him around town, please stop him and thank him for helping the server by helping others stay with the server. Thank you alex, your time here is very much welcomed, as we need more of you. So my goal today is to find nice people to play, not 15 year olds.

Abbynormal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abbynormal »

More than welcome to use my house scooby. Hit me up on IRC.

Prurk

Post by Prurk »

There are more places to macro provocation than Britain.
There are more places to macro provocation than Britain.

Several of the stables do not have a spawn of animals but you can release them inside. Most towns are deserted.

You can block off animals in remote locations. In or out of town.

The fields in delucia near the bank can be used to fence off animals.

There are tons of safer options. I dont know why I always 9 people trying to macro provo in brit all the time

cklabyrinth

Post by cklabyrinth »

There's a particular provisioner shop in Minoc I've always macroed provoking in... requires two other characters to block off the mobs, but I didn't have any trouble with anyone killing them.

eyesdearth

Post by eyesdearth »

Prurk wrote:The fields in delucia near the bank can be used to fence off animals.
Plus the stables right there already have animals in pens. Quite a few. Unless someone killed them in the last couple days.

akeba

Post by akeba »

Abby, I just wanted to thank you for this macro.. it saved me quite a bit of time tweaking the timings. I've never made a bard before (always been a melee dexxer in ages past), and am looking forward to all the phat lewtz!

Bmohr225

Post by Bmohr225 »

Anyone know why when I was doing this I came back to the macro to find my horses completely gone? Doors were still locked. I was still alive. Just no horses...?

Nergnog

Post by Nergnog »

EQ will kill animals and what not, but not people. So the horses could have been eq'd to death. Or, were the horses against the wall? That would mean someone could meteor swarm and kill them too. Small houses are annoying to macro in sometimes.

Bmohr225

Post by Bmohr225 »

Yes they were against the wall. I see.... Hopefully it won't happen much more before Gm. thank you.

Return to “New Player Help”