A Change in Leadership...

benny-

A Change in Leadership...

Post by benny- »

Something that I've been putting off for too long already; it is time for me to say goodbye to C^V.

As with all decisions regarding the guild, this one didn't come lightly. But I've found myself with less and less time to keep up with leading the guild and more and more time neglecting my personal life to do so. These last couple of weeks especially, I've seldom had time to plan events or even participate in just a group hunt....those times I did manage took a bit of planning and reorganizing to do so.

As it is, I just can't see being able to commit to the guild any longer.

The last six months of leading the guild have been great, the most fun I've had in this game...from building the guild and establishing bigger and better things to some of the massacres we' received from the relentless pks, it's all been a blast. :wink:

But like all good things, I knew eventually it'd end, one day I'd have to step back and retire from the guild. And with an increasingly busy real life, that day has come.

But it is not all bad. I consider ourselves very lucky to have established such a solid guild...a great group of players. And while I am sad to turn my back on such a great group, I'll be glad to know that it continues on.

Pirul, who has always helped me to lead the guild, will be taking over as Guildmaster. He has proved to be more loyal than one could hope for and has played a key role in building and co managing the guild thus far. I'm sure he'll do well to continue to build and lead the guild as it's new gm.

If anyone has any need of anything before I go, I'll still to be around for the next few days while the guild makes this transition in leadership.

Thanks to everyone who has helped and participated in the guild thus far...and welcome Pirul as the next Lord of the Company of the Vigilant!
- Elisud

Pirul

Re: A Change in Leadership...

Post by Pirul »

First of all, and I'm pretty sure I speak for all of us, I would like to thank you for making this game enjoyable again for a group of people who came together to form The Company of the Vigilant.

On a personal note, I would also add that I'm humbled by your decision to hand over the reigns to me. I hope to see you around whenever you have the time, and wish you the best of luck on your personal endeavors.

For the rest of the guild, I hope to see you all in game, and you can rest assured we'll be as active as ever.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Congrats Pirul and for the short time ive been in the guild, you were a cool guy benny! Thanks for putting together a great guild that has great people in it. I look forward to the continuation of C^V!

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Benny, why you gotta do this to us, man? Naw, I understand. I haven't been able to do much with the guild this past week because of how busy I was. I even have thieves askin me where my BPD officer is! I told them not to worry, I'll kill them soon. lol

But seriously, in light of your departure, I think that Pirul is a great choice as replacement. I look forward to our future adventures together.

And Benny, don't be a stranger! Come back and say hi as much as u can!
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Astinus

Post by Astinus »

Aw, benny, I am very sorry to see you go. You were a great guild leader and great player, and the guild is definitely worse off without you active. I hope you can still stop by occasionally, if only to say "hi."

We will try to soldier on without your urges for suicidal forays into Ice or Hyth with only 2-3 people (all but one being bards). =P

That being said, I'm sure Pirul will be a good leader, as well. He is definitely the natural choice for successor.

Cattie B

Post by Cattie B »

:cry: So sad to loose you, you are a great leader and I hope you can log in to grace us with your presense sometime. You've done a great job, and the choice of Pirul is wise, while the shoes are big I'm sure he'll do a great job!
Best to you!!

Alebrije

Post by Alebrije »

Eli, this is indeed some sad news but sometimes RL gets in the way of this great game we enjoy so much!!! :D
I wish you the best of luck and hope that in the future you can get back in the game on a more regular basis.
And Pirul, you know I've been on and off with guild events due only to the fact that I had the brilliant idea to start a Tamer and the only way to gain skill to eventually GM is to practice, practice, practice, and then practice some more. So most of my playing time is dedicated to this. Thats also one of the reasons I started Baldric, a new Tank Mage character so I can be more involved while Alebrije makes it to GM Taming.
Wish you too the best of luck and I'm sure you will make a helluva great Guild Leader.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Sorry to see you go Elis, there's no doubt that running a guild of C^V's quality, size and dignity can be time consuming in all it's glory.

Perhaps you'll come back sometime to Brittania to say hello, fare thee well!

And congratulations to Pirul, really cool dude. I am glad the guild will keep going and I hope to dedicate more time to aiding in guild hunts and future pvp events!

Maleus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Maleus »

From my experience a break can sometimes be the best thing someone can do, but you will be missed by many even outside of C^V.

Girl

Post by Girl »

Well this sucks! I hate Pirul!

jkjk

I will miss having you around though. You're a cool dude, benny!

Brules

Post by Brules »

Sad to heard Benny! You were one of my 1st people I met here on UOSA and your generosity and friendship to all noobs will be missed!!!!