Hally/Mage Red... Question

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Sinatra SUN-FoW

Hally/Mage Red... Question

Post by Sinatra SUN-FoW »

So basically I have noticed that 99.7% of reds are hally whack / mage. Any plans to change this with the upcoming timers patch? Would be nice to see some other templates maybe inject a little life into the PvP.
Exaggerated Personalities for Exaggerated Times

xantier

Re: Hally/Mage Red... Question

Post by xantier »

Well anyone who has a hally like the one at my signature, will ignore patches.
Image Image

Sinatra SUN-FoW

That makes me sad hah.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

there's a lot of red dexers around.. they're great for soloing and great to have in a group for constant dps/disrupts
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Next patch macing, archery will be better so it will be a viable option!

Dexers will also be better at all weapon types next patch, hopefully. That's the idea.

They are removing the "stand still" to cycle. So both mages and dexers will be able to hit-on-the-run.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

you guys are giving out a lot of bad advice about the "next patch"

you all act like we're about to launch AoS or something ;/
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Sinatra SUN-FoW

I love T2A. I loved prior to T2A as well.... anything after that pretty much sucks. I realize this shard is headed for era accuracy and has always been but... wow Hally spammer mages are getting old really fast and to me it makes this games PvP feel tired when it doesn't need to.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The true results of the new patch won't be known until it hits test center and possibly even the live server.

We can only hope that Derrick throws it up there as soon as possible.

Sinatra SUN-FoW

I am really hoping at some point - most weapons will have equals. Era accurate or not... tired of Halberds.

hectorc2w
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by hectorc2w »

nothing was as good as a hally in 98, the closest was the war hammer and it was doing a little less damage. archery was completely useless on a mage

Sinatra SUN-FoW

hectorc2w wrote:nothing was as good as a hally in 98, the closest was the war hammer and it was doing a little less damage. archery was completely useless on a mage

Archery is just plain useless unless you string 3 clients together and stealth bot or whatever. I sincerely hope that people have enough brain power - era accurate or not to realize having ONE major weapon template completely hoses having a unique playing experience via PvP. Having one weapon template can't be and should not be accurate just for the sake of shard survival.

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

hectorc2w wrote:nothing was as good as a hally in 98, the closest was the war hammer and it was doing a little less damage. archery was completely useless on a mage
If that was true then there would not have been archer mages in the field, but there were.

For dueling? Not so much.

Prior to t2a (late '98), archer mages pretty much ruled.

But t2a was specifically designed to nerf tank thieves, lol.

hectorc2w
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by hectorc2w »

i remember i think 1 guy that had archery on their mage, everyone else was sword with a minority of macers. archery blew and it should blow here too

Faust

Post by Faust »

Archer tank mages were superior during the early days of t2a and before because there was no insta hit. Players had the ability to dodge any melee swing with in 1.5s after the animation started. Once the opponent managed to get out of range that swing would simply be wasted and the delay would restart. On the other hand archers would be able to move around stalling their timer 1 second before the shot animation due to the requirement of 'planting and shooting' giving it a huge advantage when you include all the others to it too.

The advantage for melee weapons after the implementation of insta hit was substantial due to the standard equip delay that all weapons already had before the patch since '97. The arm/disarm delay was one of the only negative aspects for ranged weapons due to their slow speed.

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

Faust wrote:Archer tank mages were superior during the early days of t2a... Players had the ability to dodge any melee swing with in 1.5s after the animation started.... archers would be able to move around stalling their timer 1 second before the shot animation due to the requirement of 'planting and shooting'
Yes! I don't understand why people are saying Archery Tanks weren't good. They were such an unbelievably dominant class but nobody had it because it was so costly to gather the arrows. It was really actually overpowered to say the least. Everyone had a Sword because it was just easier and had no cost.
Sinatra SUN-FoW wrote:..Hally spammer mages are getting old really fast and to me it makes this games PvP feel tired when it doesn't need to.
I also commented on this a while back when I noticed the Hally Mage was the only viable template, nuking all others obsolete. Glad to see someone else hit this note. Hopefully something will be done to bring some life into UOSA.