Two UOs...

Nirasta

Two UOs...

Post by Nirasta »

I recently had to re-download/reinstall and I love the client w/o Razor. I've never been much for Razor, but I'm still using it because two UO clients won't run at the same time. Anyone know how to get 2+ non-Razor clients going? or if it'll get implemented at some point? I know there use to be MultiUO or whatever, but I don't know of any of that stuff that's still supported/working.

Peace and love.
--Nirasta

Dagon

Re: Two UOs...

Post by Dagon »

Prior to releasing the client installer I tried a few methods of disabling/bypassing the multiple instance checking in the client but none of them worked for the 5.0 client, and I'm not proficient at assembly to try hacking the client myself to disable it.

Maybe someday Batlin would be in the mood to do it up for us since he gave me some tips about it, but the tips only highlighted how not proficient I was with asm ;)

If you ever come across something that works let me know.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Ok I just did some more research, and I guess I probably saw this before and just didn't pay attention to it.. for whatever reason the one main multi client program that still works for modern clients does not support client 5.0.8.3, but it does support 5.0.8.4.. so right now I've successfully got 2 non-razor clients running with 5.0.8.4.

There's no major different between the two client versions, nothing that would affect us..
Derrick wrote: the 5.0.8.4 patch is fine, there's very little difference. A lot of people run 5.0.9.x too
It's really just the 6.x + patches that have some major map differences.
Client Patch 5.0.8.4
20 Mar 2007 23:59:04 EST
On Tuesday, March 20, 2007 at 11:00PM PDT (March 21 7:00AM GMT), we will deploy Client Patch 5.0.8.4
Details for the patch follow:
* Fixed issue with Heartwood not displaying
Maybe with Derrick's blessing we could make 5.0.8.4 the official client version, or otherwise I can just make the client available to anyone who wants it. Frankly though I think you are the only one to admit playing without Razor :)

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

https://sourceforge.net/projects/uoseco ... e/download

replace existing client_noenc.exe with this one and you will be able to multi client without razor

Nirasta

Post by Nirasta »

Yay! Much thanks, very much appreciated.

Peace and love.
--Nirasta