In Town Kill Bug

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
BlackStar210

In Town Kill Bug

Post by BlackStar210 »

Came across a bug tonight while setting a macro in town. A player gated another play into the bank (guessing from out of town), player DID NOT take a step and used magic to dmg me in town trying to kill me while setting a macro and was not guard whacked. Guessing this is because they did not receive the "you are now under protection of town guards" message, therefore the system registered them as being out of town. Just wanted to make someone aware of this.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: In Town Kill Bug

Post by Hicha »

Do you say 'guards' when the player was attacking you? NPCs won't call the guards unless they have line-of-sight.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

magery should do 1 dmg in town or wahtever
so if magic was used to kill is a retty good bug :P
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

BlackStar210

Post by BlackStar210 »

Yes, I did say guards and they were on LOS.

Yea Blackfoot, thats what I thought too, but his exp. definately did dmg.

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

Sure it wasnt a explode pot?
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

Eyepatch

Post by Eyepatch »

This has happened to me before in Minoc. I reported it to Derrick and spoke to him about it last week.

A murderer was gated in by one of his alternate characters. He did not take a step. Was able to murder one of my characters without being affected. Both bankers were in the bank and very near, they did nothing (I know sometimes this happens). I attempted to call guards on my other character that was a few tiles away with no success. After about 20 seconds, he double clicked the gate and walked back through (so he did not have to take a step).

My thought is that somehow zoning in without taking a step allows you to be exempt from being under guards protection and exempt from being attacked by guards. Not sure, but that is my best guess which sounds pretty logical to me.

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

BenBrawl wrote:Sure it wasnt a explode pot?
I am guessing this too. The accounts by OP and above poster aren't detailed enough. What spells were used, etc? I don't think it matters whether the attacker is "out of guardzone", because if you are in guard zone the damage will still be 1 hp. A way to test it out would be to have one char out of guardzone cast a spell on someone in guardzone... I *think* it'll still do 1 dmg, based on the guardzone hugging I always see... Not entirely sure though.

If you are sure it's not people opening gates and throwing explode pots (and hopping back into the gate before the pot explodes), then it's something I've never seen happen before. But if it is the explosion pot + gate routine, it's very commonly done to kill afk macroers, and technically not a bug.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I but a lot of effort into reproducing this possible bug and was unable.

More details would certainly be helpful.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

Another case of this lovely little bug. Guy gated in his red alt into town (did not take a step) and killed one of my macroing characters. I had two characters call guards while the red was visible and in town (one perma-grey I guess and one true blue) The perma-grey was the character attacked and killed. I was killed through the use of archery (the red would fire and gate back immediately before the arrow hit).

Shouldn't a red in town that's visible and has guards called on it be whacked regardless of criminal action (of the red or the one calling guards)?
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

fooka03 wrote:Another case of this lovely little bug. Guy gated in his red alt into town (did not take a step) and killed one of my macroing characters. I had two characters call guards while the red was visible and in town (one perma-grey I guess and one true blue) The perma-grey was the character attacked and killed. I was killed through the use of archery (the red would fire and gate back immediately before the arrow hit).

Shouldn't a red in town that's visible and has guards called on it be whacked regardless of criminal action (of the red or the one calling guards)?

Yes a red should be killed on site. But I've found that some NPCs dont call guards on them. I've sent a gate to KWS's tower(a few months ago, they still around?) and had 3 reds come into the trinsic bank and none of them got guard whacked right beside the bankers.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

Karik Verlee wrote:Yes a red should be killed on site. But I've found that some NPCs dont call guards on them. I've sent a gate to KWS's tower(a few months ago, they still around?) and had 3 reds come into the trinsic bank and none of them got guard whacked right beside the bankers.
This isn't a question of NPCs calling guards. I called guards, with two different characters. I had LOS with both (not that it's really supposed to matter). Seems like there's something weird with the gate tile not being counted as a guard zone tile.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I belive I found the issue with this, working on this today.

Thanks for the bump and new info.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Eyepatch

Post by Eyepatch »

Derrick wrote:I belive I found the issue with this, working on this today.

Thanks for the bump and new info.
So we weren't crazy after all! Nice. Thanks Derrick.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye you were not crazy and I didn't doubt it, I just couldn't reproduce it; spent the better part of a couple days trying. Taking a second look made all the difference.

This should be fixed tommorrow.

Thanks everyone :)

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Karik Verlee wrote:Yes a red should be killed on site. But I've found that some NPCs dont call guards on them. I've sent a gate to KWS's tower(a few months ago, they still around?) and had 3 reds come into the trinsic bank and none of them got guard whacked right beside the bankers.
this is accurate, a red should be able to even recall/gate into town and just stand there, surrounded by npcs. afaik the red should even then be able to begin teleporting around the bank. it's only a physical movement from the red that sets the NPC's guard calling off.

however if guards are called by anyone for any reason, then yeah, the red should be instantly whacked.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE