Anyone need Detect Hidden? GM in 45 minutes.

Atraxi

Anyone need Detect Hidden? GM in 45 minutes.

Post by Atraxi »

***NOTE!! The Bomb Shelter is temporarily closed.***
If you are in need of my services, you will have to wait. The Bomb Shelter has been temporarily closed for renovations. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Okay. I know that not everyone has Detect Hidden. But, I do know that some people have it. And, if you have it, chances are, you want to GM it.

1st of all: What does Detecting Hidden do?
Well, at the lower levels (below 50.1), you target a spot and it reveals anyone hidden on that spot.
When you get higher up (above 50.1), it gains an area effect, and reveals any people or trapped containers around the spot you target. The higher the skill, the greater the area, up to almost the entire screen at GM.
When you GM the skill (100.0), It is harder for people to stealth around you, as you can reveal them automatically, without having to use the skill, as well as trapped containers. Be aware that this auto feature is only visible to YOU. For others to see stealthers and traps you have to USE the skill.

Now, for anyone who wants to GM the skill, I can help. PM me and we can talk. Now let me tell you from MY experience.

I started at 24.1, just from regular use.
It took, maybe 3 hours to get from 24.1 to 50.1.
After 50.1, the gain rate skyrocketed and i think I went from 50.1 to mid-90s in about 30 minutes.
Around the mid-90s, the gain rate slowed down and it took about 15 minutes to GM.
So, after less than 4 hours, I now have GM Detect Hidden!

Another char of mine started at 50.0
It took a couple uses to get to 50.1.
Then, it continued on the same path as the previous recap.
After about 45 minutes, I GMed Detect Hidden.
Here is a screenshot of his progress just before he GMed.

Some things you need to know before asking me for help:
(1) You must have 50.1 Detect before coming to me, if you want this to go fast. Detect doesn't see traps below 50.1, so it won't do you any good to be here. Just build it to 50.1, then come see me. BTW, That's 50.1 REAL skill, not shown skill. Click on the little "Show Real" button to see you're real skill.
(2) You will not be made a friend of the house. I have a secure container in the house, and I do not want you accessing it. You will only be there a short time, anyway. This means, if you log out in the house, you will log back in outside.
(3) You will be locked in. When you are ready to leave, simply log out, then log back in, and you will be standing outside. Alternatively, if you have recall scrolls or reagents, you may use the rune to Vesper that is locked down on one of the tables by the door.
(4) Do not touch any of the boxes. They are empty and will probably be locked. If they are locked, they are of no use to you, since I have the keys. If they are not locked, they will explode, killing you. I don't care how high your skill is, they WILL kill you. If you touch one and blow yourself up, simply log out, log back in, and walk your dead ass back to Vesper. You will not be allowed back into the house for any reason. If there is anything on your corpse that is not noobed, I will loot it as payment for you ruining my box.

Okay. That's about it. PM me if you want help.
Last edited by Atraxi on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Pirul

Re: Anyone need Detect Hidden? GM in 45 minutes.

Post by Pirul »

Nice set up!!

I might trake you up on this offer, but not necesarily to GM, just to get to 60. I'm thinking of making a purpose built lvl 5 LPer while I GM my main t-hunter.

Let me know when you're available to do this.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

It goes really fast after 50.1, so if you wanna stop at 60, you gotta keep and eye on it. it'll take only a couple minutes. I'll see you tonight probably

Astinus

Post by Astinus »

Pirul wrote:Nice set up!!

I might trake you up on this offer, but not necesarily to GM, just to get to 60. I'm thinking of making a purpose built lvl 5 LPer while I GM my main t-hunter.

Let me know when you're available to do this.
The sad thing is that making a 5-6x GM level 5 t-hunter with 90 (or whatever) Lockpicking and 60 Detect Hidden might well be faster than just getting from 95.7-GM Lockpicking.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Tough to say. Magery and cartography are no piece of cake. True, I might have to make about 1,000 rounds to lvl 4 dungeon chests to GM, but I am not willing to compromise Von's skills just to be able to do lvl 5's.

As a matter of fact, I have long thought about dropping hiding and stealth once I GM LP to get eval and med (or wrestling, still undecided), and have a much more "field ready" t-hunter.

Having a LP'er is just taking one more character on hunts, and should only take a couple hundred lockpicks to get to 95 (which I will have anyway since I'm still working tinkering on my crafter). He wouldn't even need any other skills, since he'll be gated everywhere, as I will not be doing lvl 5's alone. :P
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Do you guys have a permit to use my patented method of gaining Detect Hidden?

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Do you guys have a permit to use my patented method of gaining Detect Hidden?
Do you have a patent? Can you show me the proof? I don't remember you requiring permission to use it when you posted the method on the forum.

I'm not getting any profit from this, I'm simply helping my fellow player. I know an effective method of gaining a skill and would like to share it.

I don't know how much you know about C^V, but we are in the business of helping new players. That is what I'm doing.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Do you have a patent?
From the U.S. Copyright Office (copyright.gov)

Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.
Do I have to register with your office to be protected?
No. In general, registration is voluntary. Copyright exists from the moment the work is created. You will have to register, however, if you wish to bring a lawsuit for infringement of a U.S. work. See Circular 1, Copyright
Can you show me the proof?
Yes
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5946

Since the conception of my idea, and it's first practical application is timestamped on uosecondage.com, I can still register it and push for legal action.

It's important to note that UOSA has no ownership clause in it's terms of service.

Some cop you are, breaking the law.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Some cop you are, breaking the law.
Sue me.

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Matron, did you post the idea to help people out? Why don't you want these people using it?
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

ganzomanolo

Post by ganzomanolo »

OMG SUCH A BAD, ROTTEN COP :(

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Karik Verlee wrote:Matron, did you post the idea to help people out? Why don't you want these people using it?
Thank you. Why did she post details on how to do it if she didn't want anyone to do it?

Downs

Post by Downs »

bradleycabbie wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:Some cop you are, breaking the law.
Sue me.
As MatronDeWinter's attorney, you are hereby sued for the amount of 120k to cover damages both physical and emotional, as well as legal expenses incurred.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Astinus

Post by Astinus »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.
This doesn't apply to you. Your work is not fixed in a tangible form by any definition of any court; it is not your property, intellectual or otherwise, but Ultima Online's. This is why MMOs have historically (tried to) forbid selling gold for real-world currency; the gold is not the players', but still the property of the game.
It's important to note that UOSA has no ownership clause in it's terms of service.
That is because UOSA doesn't have a legal claim either to the intellectual property of the game (code, mechanics, interface, etc.).
Downs wrote:As MatronDeWinter's attorney, you are hereby sued for the amount of 120k to cover damages both physical and emotional, as well as legal expenses incurred.
Be aware that if you press for any litigation, the Defendant will be immediately moving for a F.R.C.P. 12(b)(6) dismissal for failure to state a claim for which relief can be granted, and for court costs to be assessed to the Plaintiff. Further, the Defendant will assert a Rule 11 claim under the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure for a frivolous lawsuit unwarranted by existing law, and you may be liable for appropriate sanctions.

/s/ Astinus
Law Offices of C^V