K^A Outpost at Yew gate

Topics related to Second Age
Atraxi

Re: K^A Outpost at Yew gate

Post by Atraxi »

Gray Wolf wrote:The very day my wife and I started here, a player named Venus gave us each a full spell book, loaned us a house and installed a loom, wheel, forge and anvil for our use until we found our own place. She also gave us each the gold to completely buy up out skills to the show-real 700! Take notice, ya'll: thats class.

Scammers are here to stay... good people/players are too.

Our copious thanks to Venus and her warm hospitality to newcomers. Know that should the day come when we can resiprocate, will will indeed do so.
I know Venus. She helped me out as well. She likes to help out new players. She helped me out when I first started. Last December, when I started here, I wasn't just new to this shard, I wasn't just new to UO, I was new to MMORPGs completely! I knew nothing about anything. It took me a minute to figure out how to make my 1st character MOVE!! Then I met Venus.

She co-owned me to a house on Ocllo island right outside the GZ. She gave me weps, armor, regs, gold, recall scrolls, whatever I needed. When i was ready to place my own house, she showed me a good spot that had a good spawn and was right on the water. I could make some good bank just farming within a screen or two of my house.

And the best part about all of this, and I am assuming it was the same way with you, Gray, is that she didn't ask for anything in return. We are still good friends. Venus is definitely a quality player. We need more players like her.

I see players like her, then i see players like the pks who hunt noobs down, kill them, kill their horse, then stand there and laugh while they loot everything you have, even stuff that they don't want and will probably just throw away, just so that you don't have it anymore. Then they recall away, laughing, telling you "Go back to Trammel, noob!"

Don't get me wrong. I'm no Trammie. I understand that pks are part of UOSA. Either you learn to fight, learn to run, or learn to die. That's the way of life here. By that same token, however, I also know that pks don't have to be assholes about it. Now, I'm not asking you to rez me, GH me, and gimme my 5k gold back, or whatever I had on me that you want, but show a little decency! Leave me my stuff that you don't want but that I probably need! Especially if you kill a character that looks like it might be nothing but a gatherer! (If you kill someone who is carrying a hatchet, some wood, and some recall scrolls with a rune, I would be willing to bet that character is not made for pvp. You don't need that axe, leave him something!)

Idk, that's how I feel about it. I just know a bunch of people who have left this shard, not because of the pks, but because of the asshole pks, the ones that act like I described above, and the fact that it seems that thats the only kind of player that is on this shard. Thank God for guilds like C^V, IL, NEW, and PoV, and for players like Venus. It's nice to see good people out there. (Yes, I realize I am in C^V. I'm not talking specifically about me, I am referring to the guild in general and their general purpose that led me to join!)
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Menti [$$;]

Re: K^A Outpost at Yew gate

Post by Menti [$$;] »

lotus39 wrote: The only people who scam NEW players are sociopaths .

Persistent lying or stealing
Apparent lack of remorse[3] or empathy for others
Cruelty to animals[4]
Poor behavioral controls — expressions of irritability, annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse; inadequate control of anger and temper
A history of childhood conduct disorder
Recurring difficulties with the law
Tendency to violate the boundaries and rights of others
Substance abuse
Aggressive, often violent behavior; prone to getting involved in fights
Inability to tolerate boredom
Disregard for safety
Its a game your allowed to play with sociopathic tendencies.. doesnt make someone a sociopath.. I pk newbies aswell that doesnt make me a murderer =D
Cash Money Brothers [$$;]