Meditation Lagging.

Moderator: Support Moderators

shire99

Meditation Lagging.

Post by shire99 »

I understand that if I have 50 med I should be trying to meditate at half of my total mana.

It's just hard to time macros to do so. Right now my med is about 58 and my magery about 73. Resist is about 65.

Any recommendations at all?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Meditation Lagging.

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Adjust the macro so you use the skill within the little window you should be medding in. Suppose your casting spell X that consumes 20 mana. You have 100 INT and 80 Meditation skill. You want to meditate actively at 20 mana remaining. Since the spell consumes 20 mana, you should be casting it at 30 so it lowers you down to 10 and you meditate up back to 30. The sweet spot seems to be about plus/minus 10 mana. I literally just GM'd meditation a few hours ago, and I had 92 magery. I started with 50 magery and 30(from npc) meditation. It's just a matter of meditating in the right spot.

At 58 meditation, the middle of your window is 42. so 32-52 is when you should be meditating. Now, you could set the macro to cast flamestrike (takes 40 mana) at 62, so you drop to 22 and then med up to 62, splitting the 40 consumed mana over the line. But keep in mind you med faster at higher levels, and you just arent going to gain much lower than +/- 10 from your window. What you want to do is cast flamestrike at 72 so it drops you to 32, and you med up quicker.

The problem with this, is that because your magery is so low, you are probably going to fizzle a few times, which is more time your mana has to gain, moving you farther out of range as your mana rises. You need to take this into account by setting your flamestrike a bit early, probably something like 60.

I should say that aside from all this, meditation seems incorrect here. It was always the first thing a mage would gm (of mage/med), as apparent by all the "Grandmaster Stoics" running around in T2A. I remember being glad to get a character to about 80 magery so I could have a remote chance at flamestriking miners pack horses. I was absolutely a gm stoic before this.

Return to “New Player Help”