Stuck's Quest for Server Births

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Stuck
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Stuck's Quest for Server Births

Post by Stuck »

Hello fellow citizens of Britannia,

Recently I entered into an endeavor that was quite a challenge. I had heard legends of undiscovered server births that were still out there some where. I wasn't sure whether to believe them or not. Let me start from the beginning. A short while ago, I had just traded two of my most valuable items, a clothing bless deed and phoenix sleeves, for blessed phoenix gloves:

It all started a few nights ago, two and a half weeks after the above screenshot was taken. I barely had any gold cause I had spent most of my time and energy trying to get phoenix gloves. That night I had a revelation. Halogen the wise told me that he believed there to be undiscovered server births rares in the world. I was intrigued by the idea that there could be a server birth out there that no one had managed to find in over a year. That's when I decided it was my destiny was to find said undiscovered server births. The next day, I searched high and low. I looked through town after town, dungeon after dungeon, guard towers, brigand camps, shrines, islands, and any sort of interesting landmark. Nothing. I found nothing. I was starting to lose hope.

(Unfortunately, this piece of a staircase was not a server birth.)

I spoke with Halogen that night and told him I was losing hope and I didn't believe there to be any server births out there, and that it was all just a lie. He said he had something to show me. He brought me to a secret room in Lord British's castle. He reignited my inspiration. He inspired me to think of other obscure places like this that would be hard to find or get to. Immediately, I went to seek out more obscure places.

What places would be considered hard to find? I ran around until I found a very secret place. I found myself in a strange cave which was not very big, however, there were items in it! I rushed over to see if I could pick any of them up. However, there were no server births to be had there.

Thinking harder, I tried to imagine places that would be considered, not necessarily hard to find, but hard to get into. Counselor guildhouses, of course! It was so simple. Server births had to be behind the locked doors of counselor guildhouses.

I ventured over to the Vesper counselor guildhouse. I saw Derrick's Tome of Wisdom behind the locked door and decided even if there wasn't a server birth back there, Derrick's wisdom would surely lead me to riches. I checked to see if there was possibly a secret bookcase that would take me to the other side, but all of the bookcases appeared to be normal. I checked the iron maiden. I double clicked it and double clicked it once again, all it did was hurt me. I tried to get back there for a while until I gave up. I was losing hope once again.

I began searching extremely obscure places...

I went to the lost lands and decided to check the river that runs through terathan keep. I placed a ship in the river. I sailed down the river to see if there were any secrets or server births to be found. I found nothing but a very strange looking wall.

I decided to double check Buccaneer's Den to see if there was a server birth I had missed. I didn't find a server birth, but I did find something that restored my hope: easter eggs. There were easter eggs sitting there, left over from easter. Nobody had found them. This restored my hope that perhaps there were server births out there that nobody had found yet.

I continued to search everywhere. I was checking places I had already checked before just to make sure I didn't miss anything. By that time I was tired and worn out. I retired to my home and sat there thinking, "How could a server birth POSSIBLY go unnoticed for over a year?" Perhaps it was hidden in the best hiding place there is: In plain sight. But what could be hidden in plain sight and be so unnoticeable? I tried to think back to all the server births I had heard of in the past. I had a revelation: water. "A water tile!", I thought, "I've never seen anyone with a water tile before."

I immediately placed a boat and headed out to sea looking for the legendary water tile I had heard so much about. While sailing out to sea, I thought, "Of course, it makes so much sense. No one would think or be bothered to look for a water tile." I sailed around, exploring the seas of britannia, but still, I did not find anything. I decided that maybe the water tile wasn't anywhere in the ocean and I was just wasting my time. I decided to check smaller bodies of water. I started with Britannia, but didn't find anything. I had a good idea of every place I wanted to check, but once again, I was losing hope.

After checking smaller bodies of water for a while, the next idea I had was to check the cove near Delucia. I sincerely doubted that I would find anything there, but I didn't really have a better idea at the time. I went there expecting to find nothing. I ran over to the little pond and hit ctrl+shift. I saw, "Water". I went closer and saw that there was indeed a single water tile sitting there on the water. I quickly ran over to the other side and tried to pick it up! "That is too far away". I went back to the other side. "That is too far away". I had a boat on me but it was too big and wouldn't fit in the pond. I ran to the Delucia provisioner as fast as I could and bought a small boat. I quickly ran back and placed it in the pond. I got on the boat, raised the anchor, and moved it to the right. I moved to the front of the boat and tried to pick up the water tile, expecting the same dissapointment I knew so well: "You cannot pick that up."

But I was wrong.

The water tile stayed on my cursor. I put it in my backpack. Finally, victory was mine.

But it wasn't victory just yet. If there was a water tile out there, surely there had to be something else out there too. I began thinking of other server births I had heard of. Immediately, I thought of a lava tile. But how would that work? You can't walk on lava and usually lava pools are surrounded by rock so you couldn't pick anything up anyway! However, it would be easier to look for because there are very few spots in the world with lava, compared to water. I went out and searched the entire world for lava pools. At first, I thought I had found a lava tile in Fire Dungeon.

I was not able to pick these lava tiles up. Deciding to retire for now, I stopped looking for the lava tile. I had checked everywhere. Everywhere except for Fire Temple, but those lava pools were surround by rock anyway. I assumed there wouldn't be a lava tile there. How could there be? Even if there was a lava tile, presumably, there would be no way to get to it. Later that night, I couldn't stop thinking about the lava tile that might be out there. I decided to check Fire Temple, even though I doubted I would find anything there.

Once again, I was wrong.

I went to Fire Temple and saw a single lava tile in the middle of the lava pool when I hit ctrl+shift. It looked like it was under the regular lava tile so it couldn't be seen without using ctrl+shift. "Well, great", I thought, "There's a lava tile in the middle of the lava pool, and no way to reach it." I had nothing better to do at the time, so I returned to the bank and grabbed a teleport ring. I went back to fire temple and stealthed around the lava pool, trying to teleport down on the off-chance that there was a spot down there that I could actually teleport to.

"That location is blocked."
"Target cannot be seen."

I moved around and finally, to my surprise, I was able to teleport down. I was speechless. I hit ctrl+shift and grabbed the lava tile, expecting it to say that message that I had seen so much before: "You cannot pick that up." But that message didn't appear. I was able to pick the lava tile up. It was mine. I quickly returned to the bank and banked it.

I was afraid to take the lava tile out of my bank at first. I waited until server wars to take out it. I dropped it on the ground and discovered that it was animating. I had found an animating lava tile.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7697/37767529.jpg

I had accomplished my goal and completed my quest. I had discovered that which no man before me could.
Last edited by Stuck on Wed May 15, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Populus

Re: Stuck's Quest for Server Births

Post by Populus »

Wow. Great story!

Hooray for you! :P
ImageImageImage
[cA]

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Trammel. Yet amusing.

Halogen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Halogen »

What a tale!!!

Enjoyed it immensely man, and congrats, that is amazing :)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Epic. Thanks for the write up
LMAO wrote:(Unfortunately, this piece of a staircase was not a server birth.)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Downs

Post by Downs »

congrats! shocking that one was sitting in delucia
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Downs wrote:congrats! shocking that one was sitting in delucia
Downs is jealous!

rouss

Post by rouss »

Downs wrote:congrats! shocking that one was sitting in delucia
shocking indeed, i was there and hovered over that tile but didnt take it because for some reason i thought it was a glitch or something lol :)

congrats, Stuck! you really deserve them.
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Pro

Post by Pro »

edit: nvm was thinking of something different.

Cool tiles n wot not

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

never quit!
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

GomerPyle

Post by GomerPyle »

i r jealous

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

Way to go. Very cool!
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

Brules

Post by Brules »

So does this mean all server births that were put out there have been found?

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

I dont even know what a server birth is. :(

Boudoir

Post by Boudoir »

Useless tile's collection.

I prefer Ushiro's chocolates.