Boats

Cado

Boats

Post by Cado »

I'm going to start a fisherman. I'm going to buy a boat, though I have questions.

Is the boat like a house in terms of access per account or is it per character? I'd like to be able to share ownership of the boat with my other toons, if possible.

Can you log out on a boat like you would in an inn or with camping? Can you recall while on a boat? If so, what happens to the boat?

Can you melee off a boat? My initial instinct is to go with Magery for the ranged attacks in fighting of sea creatures and pirates :-) Can boats be "boarded"...can pirates enter your boat?

Any other advise would be appreciated before I start to invest.

Populus

Re: Boats

Post by Populus »

Anyone who has a key to your boat can access it.

You can recall while on a boat yes. You can also recall on the ship key in order to get back to the ship.

No, you can not melee off a boat - not as far as I know.

Yes, boats can be boarded if you do not lock the gangplanks. Make sure they are locked after walking aboard.

Make sure to always drop your anchor when logging out/recalling away.

Boats decay just like houses.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Cattie B

Post by Cattie B »

Keep your keys secure, it gives you a set of two. If you plan on sharing these boats keep one in yer bank and one in your house.
(in a secure container of course).

You can own as many boats as you want.
My fisher once owned 4, one in each section ( NW NE SW SE ) to make fishing up MIBs faster

You can not insta log on a boat

DO NOT CARRY YOUR KEY WHILE FISHING, a pirate will find you and loot you, then you have no boat. He who has possesion of the key owns the boat.

You will have to use your key when you refresh, this is the only way the boat recognizes you as owner.

You can recall off of your boat while it is in motion, it will simply continue to sail until it hits something.

Cado

Post by Cado »

thanks for the feedback!