The Yew Merchant Center Scavenger Hunt - 5/22

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Theograd

The Yew Merchant Center Scavenger Hunt - 5/22

Post by Theograd »

In celebration of the Yew Merchant Center reaching 10,000 customers, I will be holding a scavenger hunt on Saturday, May 22nd in order to pay back the community. There will be ten prizes throughout the day, roughly one hour apart, assuming the previous one had been found.

Starting at 9am EST (my child allowing it), I will lock down a book on my shop floor that will have the clue for the first prize. I'll also be posting the clues in this thread as well, but if you want a slight head start, the book in the shop will be first. I'll also try to post a link in IRC as new clues come up.

Most of the prizes are in guard zone, so this is newbie friendly. None of the prizes are in dungeons. The prizes will be in containers, and in the container will be a book telling you what you've won (as well as a few ore to keep things from decaying). The book will also have a verification code, so that will be needed in order to claim your prize, and help keep people from saying they found it in order to reduce competition. To collect the prize, either see me in game, or send me a PM and we'll arrange a meeting. If you do find one or more prizes, please keep the book. You may find a use for it later.

So, in summary:

- The event starts at 9am EST on Saturday, May 22nd, when I lock a book down in my shop (location found in my signature). I will also post the clue here, and a link in IRC.

- Figure out the clue, find the location. There will be a container with a book in it. The book will tell you your prize, as well as a confirmation code.

- When you find a prize, please post in this thread, or PM me here or IRC, with the confirmation number. That way, I know the prize claim is legit.

- We'll meet up, and I'll give you your prize. I will then repeat the process with the next clue, at either the next full hour or once the previous prize is found, whichever comes last.

- If you find a prize, I recommend you hold onto the book.

I hope this proves to be fun for everyone, and thanks again for the success that the Yew Merchant Center has found.

- Theograd
Last edited by Theograd on Fri May 21, 2010 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theograd

Re: The Yew Merchant Center Scavenger Hunt - 5/22

Post by Theograd »

Two days to go! Total worth is an estimated 335k across ten prizes. Starting time is 9am EST, hopefully to make this event more friendly to our European players, and ending sometime around 7pm EST.

Populus

Post by Populus »

I love scavenger hunts! :P
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

24 hours till the first clue drops!

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

Clarified how it will work, since it seemed a little muddled.

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

First clue!

""You said you could break us out, you said nothing about swimming""

Mark wins the first prize! It was located on the island of Yew Prison. Prize was a GM Valorite Dex Suit with Valorite Heater. Next clue at 10am EST!

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

Second clue!

"They come from the beach, men! To the wall! Hold the passage!"

Morgane wins! (cA always wins)

The location was the South Entrance of Trinsic.

The prize was 1 keg each of:
Greater Heal
Greater Cure
Greater Explosion
Greater Strength
Greater Agility
Total Refresh

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

Third Clue!

"Even the Lord of Chaos needs to eat."

The answer was Lord Blackthorn's kitchen.

Mark wins again! The prize is one of each house add-on.

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

why dont you limit rewards to 1 per player? so everyone not just uo vets have a chance.

Phallax

Post by Phallax »

Kraken wrote:why dont you limit rewards to 1 per player? so everyone not just uo vets have a chance.
Not thier fault they have knowledge of the lands. Anyone that plays UO period can figure out these clues.

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

4th clue:

"A superior docks for Superior Ships"

The location was the small docks south of Superior Ships in Skara.

Peasant wins!

He won his very own armada. One large dragon boat, one medium dragon boat, one small dragon boat, a tricorne hat, and a GM Cutlass.

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

Kraken wrote:why dont you limit rewards to 1 per player? so everyone not just uo vets have a chance.
Rewards have been pretty well distributed so far. 4 prizes across three people. I'm also spreading it out over 10 hours to let people in other timezones and play times have a shot at winning something.

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

5th Clue:
"He's off to Vesper, but left his squirrel."

The answer is the Counselors Building above Moonglow bank. On the left side, you'll see a locked door with a sign marked "Vesper". On the right side, there's a statue of a squirrel.

The winner was Mark. The prize was 3 full spellbooks and five GM Runebooks, stuffed with recalls.
Last edited by Theograd on Sat May 22, 2010 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phallax

Post by Phallax »

Theograd wrote:5th Clue:
"He's off to Vesper, but left his squirrel."
this is a tricky one

Phallax

Post by Phallax »

Mark wasnt it you who told me to give others a chance at the UoH trivia? Now Looks whos hoarding! lol