tracking...

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
eddierock

tracking...

Post by eddierock »

Hey, I was making a ranger-type character just for fun, and I don't know, but I don't think tracking is actually working like it did.

I've raised it to 75 so far, and all i can track right now is animals that are just 1 screen away... I remember that with a newbie ranger back in 1999 you could track stuff and chase it, so that it could actually be a good complementary skill for bowcraft or taming, even at a low level (i.e. tracking horses, birds and stuff). I don't know if my memory fails though... And yes I know the spawn locations and all but still...

johttenn

Re: tracking...

Post by johttenn »

I had an archer back in the day with tracking, until he went red of course :), and really had a good time with the skill.

I've raised it to about 70 on secondage and so far it is totally useless, I can only track things on the same screen...

I'd love for tracking to be fixed...My ranger (archer woods-type, not tamer) is about 2/3 trained and ready for action...alas...

adamm

Post by adamm »

on the t2a demo tracking works for about 1 or 1.5 radar screens from the center. i was finding monsters where my radar wasnt showing, so it definatley should have a better range. maybe skill benefits from skills are less beneficial pointwise, on divinity i only had to attempt hiding for about 1 minute to successfully hide with just 30 hiding. maybe tracking range wont increase until gmed?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Sounds like the range is broken to me. I'll get this fixed for tommorrow.

brandonsantacruz

Post by brandonsantacruz »

I have a GM tracker. When you start tracking someone, they have to be within about 2 screens. Once you successfully track them, the range might be a little greater, not sure. There was a change to the tracking menu recently that I have yet to try out.

eddierock

Post by eddierock »

Derrick wrote:Sounds like the range is broken to me. I'll get this fixed for tommorrow.
thanks man. tracking was a fun skill, can't wait to use it again.