[RECRUITING] Pirates of Spoil Tress -YAR-

Here you will find guilds to join and were you may recruit members to join your Roleplaying Guild.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for post Guild Information, Recruitment and Contact Info. Do not post inflamatory remarks in other guilds threads.
Cpt Spaulding

[RECRUITING] Pirates of Spoil Tress -YAR-

Post by Cpt Spaulding »

By the powers of Lord British there naught been a soul darin' t' call themself 'pirate' in these lands for a long time. Rotters an' landlubbers alike have gone t' all lengths t' take the very name of piracy an' let it sink t' the depths along with any pirate dare be standin' in the way of Lord British an' his followers.

No longer!

Gone be the days of pirates fearin' the wretched pitiful stench of honor an' loyalty t' those who be representin' the royal flag. Britannia be fallin' in t' the grasp of weak lily-livered land rats that naught be carryin' the strength of Lord British an' his days of rule. We call out t' those willin' t' join ranks with our crew an' hoist the colors of Spoil Tress.

*REQUIREMENTS*

RP is required!!! If ye be joinin' our crew this be the first thing ye will be needin' t' learn mates. There be NO excuses for steppin' out of character beyond guild chat, IRC, Divinity forums and Ventrilo. Repeated offenses will result in ye bein' kicked from the guild. If ye naught be serious bout RPin' don't bother wastin' our time!

--------------------------
Never speak in anything but the present tense!
I am= I be
You are= Ye be
They are= They be
Does is always Do no matter how the sentence goes

Double up on all your adjectives
Pirates never speak of "a big ship", they call it a "great, grand ship!"

You= Ye
My= Me
Your= Ye'r
Yes= Aye
No= Nay
Not, Can't, Won't= Naught
For= Fer
Or= Er
To=t'
Myself= Meself
Yourself= Ye'rself

Drop the TH
With= Wi'

Drop the V
Never= Ne'er
Ever= E'er
Over= O'er

Any word that ends with 'ing" you simply remove the G and replace it with '
Anythin'
Killin'
Waitin'
Sailin'

Ahoy: Hey!
Avast: Stop! or Attention!
Booty: treasure
Go on the account: to embark on a piratical cruise
Landlubber: "Land-lover," someone not used to life onboard a ship
Lass: A woman
Lad: A man
Scallywag: A bad person. A scoundrel
Scurvy dog!: a fine insult!
Matey/Mate/Me Hearty: A shipmate or a friend
Lily-livered: faint o' heart
Loaded to the Gunwales: drunk
Gentlemen o' fortune: a slightly more positive term fer pirates!
Sprogs: raw, untrained recruits
Settin': Intending to do or preparing for ill deeds
Swashbucklin': fightin' and carousin' on the high seas!
Wench: a lady, although ye gents not be wantin' to use this around a lady who be stronger than ye.
Yo-ho-ho/Har har har: Pirate laughter

Now there naught be nay excuses t' be speakin' unlike the rest of ye'r pirate kin mates!
-------------------------------

Y'er name must be somewhat of pirate origin.
There naught be alot of restrictions on names because pirates don't really have a set theme to their naming...but names like SirOwnsAlot an'
BigNastyNewb for example will naught be excepted. Keep in mind this guild is a British RP Pirate guild, naught a Caribbean RP Pirate guild. Though this won't prevent ye from bein' able t' join, we prefer ye naught t' be usin' names such as Jack Sparrow, William Turner, etc.
Most names ye would come by could fit the name requirements, so try t' be original.

We do naught have specific colors for our pirates t' be wearin' but we do have a somewhat of a "uniform" for ye t' be wearin'.
-Of course ye must always be wearin' either a skullcap, bandana, or tricorn hat unless ye be in the midst of combat.
-Bone armor (aside from skull helemt) an' platemail armor (aside from gorget) be a bit too landlubberish for the pirate look. No orc bone helmets!
-Ye must always be wearin' a tunic or body sash.
-Although ye'r weapon/fightin' skill naught be restricted, ye must always be carryin' a cutlass when naught in the heat of battle.
-Either ye can wear a kilt an' half apron or short pants an' half apron.
-Footwear is either sandals or boots.
-Skirt, tunic, an' thigh boots fer the wenches. Head wear be the same as the men.

Ye will be given ship rank when ye join our crew. Until ye earn ye'r place as a "real" pirate ye will remain low in rank. Ye can gain rank by recruitin' dedicated members t' our crew as well as participation within the guild. Participation is a big thing we will be lookin' fer! If ye be joinin' ye'r pirate with no intention of piratin' then save ye'rself an' us the time an' naught bother. Anyone naught seen for a long period of time can an' will be removed from the stone.

Cutthroat Captain - Guildmaster

Captain - Top rank

Quartermaster - second in command, oversees all the captains commands, maintains order amongst the crew and acts as the crews voice to the captain

First Mate - incharge of all mates, basicaly the floor boss on a ship.

Master Gunner - for UO purposes would be the top pvp combat member.
**Gunner - PvP oriented members

Buccaneer - Any dexxer PvM/RPvP related

Sailing Master - for UO Purposes would be the top treasure hunter/pve member. Navigation/treasure maps/mibs.
**Sailor - Treasure hunters/pve members.

Ship Surgeon - Top Ranking healer incharge of maintaining potions and bandages

Boatswain - incharge of guild/ship/house maintenance

Mate - the jack of all trades, apprenticing to the first mate, gunner, sailing master, and boatswain

Deckhand - Lowest rank, in charge of menial duties and upkeep on a ship

[SPECIAL RANKS]
Ransacker [Master Looters] Given to those who pass the 3 tests to recieve this rank

Lady of Spoil [Female Warriors/Mages] Given to any females with battle experience that reach the rank of Captain

Recruiter of Spoil [Guild Recruiter] Given to any member who has recruited no less than 15 members into YAR

Defender of Spoil [PvP Rank] Given to those who are experienced in PvP that participate in training other members

:NA: [Non-Aggressor] This rank is given during time of war to those not participating in combat. This rank means that opposing guilds CANNOT attack them without violating the Rules of War which will result in the cancellation of the war. Given mainly to crafters, miners, lumberjacks, and any other characters not within the capability of defending themselves.

*ACTIVITIES*

Sailin'
If ye have a fisherman it be a good idea t' join him/her t' our crew. Most of our members be owners of at least one vessel an' there be days where we will be gatherin' t' go out on the open sea an' fish us up some booty. The more fisherman be participatin', the more profitable the voyage be!
We like t' be the ones t' make sure the higher powers above naught be havin' t' work so hard chasin' down the land rats that be foolish enough t' be stealin' skill without effort, so of course we be also gatherin' in groups t' loot an' commandeer the ships of unattended fisherman. That naught mean that ye land rats who be payin' mind t' yer vessel be safe though...we will engage in sea warfare if ye be foolish enough naught t' sail the other direction away from our vessels.

Lootin'
All members will be trained t' enter the homes of these landlubbers an' ransack any an' all booty they be wishin' t' aquire. IDOC's naught be a guild focus any longer but naught be forbidden if individuals be lookin' t' aquire the free booty left behind by the departed.
-In the near future we will be conductin' various tests by any who wish t' be known as a 'Ransacker' in order t' give the title t' its proper handlers.
These tests with be at random an' may be given t' anyone on command!

PvP
We will be trainin' on various days in order t' get our members who are less experienced able t' hold their own in combat. This naught be a requirement t' all members, but it be recommended t' all able bodies willin' t' learn.

PvM
Sadly ransackin' an' lootin' naught always be providin' the booty many be demandin' these days, so we will be holding regular guild hunts for those in need of more than what the land rats be providin'
Party leader will be voted durin' each guild hunt an' he/she will be responsible fer splittin' the booty evenly with each member who participates. Any violations of the pirate codex durin' guild hunts will result in judgement by the Pirate Council!

*PIRATE COUNCIL*
Members who reach the rank of Captain will be selected for induction into the Pirate Council. Five members will be inducted t' take responsibility for keepin' order within the guild as well as leadership durin' activities an' guild events. There naught be any more than 6 members (including the GM) elected for Pirate Council at any time! Keep in mind that participation an' loyalty t' the guild will determine whether or naught ye be considered fer the position. Votin' will be conducted when called during guild meetings. Only 1 vote is allowed per month.

Any members that be found in violation of guild rules will be sentenced t' be judged by the Pirate Council. Ye will be given a chance t' be heard an' a vote will take place on a proper punishment t' fit the crime. Any major violations such as intentional killin' of members outside of agreed combat, stealin' or scammin' members, or plottin' to do anythin' of the sort will result in immediate dismissal from the guild if witnessed by any members of the Council or a majority of members witness the violation.

If ye be interested in joinin' our crew contact...

Cpt Spaulding
[FORUMS]

Cpt_Spaulding
[IRC]

We now be runnin' a website an' Forums fer the guild!

http://SpoilTress.synthasite.com fer the website.
http://SpoilTress.forumer.com fer the forums.
Last edited by Cpt Spaulding on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merchant and pirate were for a long period one and the same person. Even today mercantile morality is really nothing but a refinement of piratical morality.

hoard71

Re: [RECRUITING] Pirates of Spoil Tress -YAR-

Post by hoard71 »

Hey mate, I may want to join ya'll as a Kin Slave if ThunderCloud doesn't come here sometime soon.. Or perhaps until he returns.

Any requirements on skills if I decide to make a full fledged pirate?

Cpt Spaulding

Post by Cpt Spaulding »

hoard71 wrote:Hey mate, I may want to join ya'll as a Kin Slave if ThunderCloud doesn't come here sometime soon.. Or perhaps until he returns.

Any requirements on skills if I decide to make a full fledged pirate?

That be just fine mate. Thunder Cloud an' meself have been runnin' mates since I started back up on Divinity, an' I assure ye he will be round soon enough.

As for makin' a full fledged pirate, the skills are naught restricted. The most important thing we look for is ye'r RP abilities an' ye'r participation where ye'r skills be required. No matter what the skill tho, ye need t' make sure ye be wieldin' a cutlass along with ye'r pirate dress (not dress literally, but ye'r outfit)

Just message me on IRC when ye'r ready t' join or PM me here where ye want t' meet
Merchant and pirate were for a long period one and the same person. Even today mercantile morality is really nothing but a refinement of piratical morality.

Cpt Spaulding

Post by Cpt Spaulding »

The stone be sittin' right outside Britain for the next few weeks for recruitin'

Anyone interested in sailin' these waters an' causin' some trouble be sure t' message me on IRC or here on the forums. Right now we are all goin' t' be in the process of trainin' so don't be thinkin' ye'r counted out due t' low levels.

hoard71

Post by hoard71 »

Everyone is getting back to school and I have some things I need to do before I start next Tuesday.... But I may be able to find some time Thursday or Friday to get on... Other than that my school load doesn't look that heavy this semester...

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Hmmm, I may have to resurrect Seadog Murphy. He use to run on GL with Dorian DeLacey and crew. When trammel came out we hit shame and looted all the gold from hunters...I think we were the reason they gave elemental corpses. haha.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Cpt Spaulding

Post by Cpt Spaulding »

Just let me know when ye'r ready t' join the crew...

Ionatan McHile

Post by Ionatan McHile »

Ronk wrote:Hmmm, I may have to resurrect Seadog Murphy. He use to run on GL with Dorian DeLacey and crew. When trammel came out we hit shame and looted all the gold from hunters...I think we were the reason they gave elemental corpses. haha.
haha I ken Seadog Murphy, I do! Fairly certain he ganked a landlubber cousin a mine on more den one occasion!
Ionatan/Seonac
Archimedes/Hippocrates/Herotodus
Aarany Wordsmith
The Fire King
FU Forces Unknown
Vita non est vivere sed valere vita est

Iceman21

Post by Iceman21 »

Still around? and where are you located?

My ICQ is: 168912864

Cpt Spaulding

Post by Cpt Spaulding »

Iceman21 wrote:Still around? and where are you located?

My ICQ is: 168912864

Finally gave up on Divinity...we are now actively recruitin'

mr mahony

Post by mr mahony »

I'd like to start seeing some pirates

keuse

Post by keuse »

try posting in general forum as well, and make more of a point to post more often so people see you are active. right now it just looks like another inactive guild and gm.
bring your friends from divinity, too!
you will find to love this shard as its more rp friendly and not everyone is a griefer/pk.

Cpt Spaulding

Post by Cpt Spaulding »

keuse wrote:try posting in general forum as well, and make more of a point to post more often so people see you are active. right now it just looks like another inactive guild and gm.
you will find to love this shard as its more rp friendly and not everyone is a griefer/pk.
I assure you that I am active daily...

Right now I am recruiting for three different guilds so I post under different names as to not mix the RP values of each guild.

Slimeball Jasper

Post by Slimeball Jasper »

Cpt Spaulding wrote:
keuse wrote:try posting in general forum as well, and make more of a point to post more often so people see you are active. right now it just looks like another inactive guild and gm.
I assure you that I am active daily...

Right now I am recruiting for three different guilds so I post under different names as to not mix the RP values of each guild.
Cool, glad to see you in game captain!

Cpt Spaulding

Post by Cpt Spaulding »

Glad t' join ranks with the players here on SecondAge. I do hope there be plenty of battles t' be had fer my pirates. It naught be a good day less blood be shed.