Dex Loss - Not Plate Only?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Heskey

Dex Loss - Not Plate Only?

Post by Heskey »

Hey folks,

I remember back in this era on Europa, that dex loss affected a lot more than just platemail. I know it definitely applied to chainmail and ringmail, and helmets too; not sure about leather/studded though.

I remember making a good suit out of lots of armour types that maintained high AR but only had small dex loss.

[quote="jono1994"]ok i really think that u should add on the Elves race but still keep the original format of the game and also put in Necromancy :D[/quote]

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Dex Loss - Not Plate Only?

Post by nightshark »

You are thinking about UO:R, when dex loss was introduced on all metal armor types.

Dex penalties here are certainly era accurate
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Heskey

Post by Heskey »

Hmm, if that's the case then fair enough.

It strikes me though that UO got more carebear as it went on; so why did they introduce further dex loss for armour post-trammel?

[quote="jono1994"]ok i really think that u should add on the Elves race but still keep the original format of the game and also put in Necromancy :D[/quote]

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Heskey wrote:Hmm, if that's the case then fair enough.

It strikes me though that UO got more carebear as it went on; so why did they introduce further dex loss for armour post-trammel?
Game just generally got more class based and everything had advantages and drawbacks including different armor types (there is no reason not to wear chain during T2A, there was in UO:R. Leather is pointless to wear during T2A, it's not during UO:R, etc). Even T2A made the game more class based than it was prior.

It's silly to imagine that UO:R was an entirely bad publish, it was mainly just "different" with 1 really negative drawback to it.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Bag

Post by Bag »

Having never played UO:R I can confirm that this is 100% era-accurate.