Curious about everyones opinion on new house types.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Sinatra SUN-FoW

Curious about everyones opinion on new house types.

Post by Sinatra SUN-FoW »

How does everyone feel about the housing situation as far as maybe releasing some of the newer models of houses? Not build it yourself lame fest ala OSI. I just mean simply the new/age pre-designed ones..... any opinions on that? I realize it probably wouldn't be done due to era restrictions but honestly - they are there.... by all account easy to implement and really don't change things in a play mechanic fashion. May be hated, but may add variety.... What do you guys think?
Exaggerated Personalities for Exaggerated Times

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Curious about everyones opinion on new house types.

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I like the new house designs, except for any of the marble ones. Also, the log cabin is silly looking. That villa and stone tower is nice though.

The custom housing is a horrible idea, it looks like someone vomited random graphics on a generic foundation. :x

I doubt you will ever see any of that here though, unless the shard starts moving into UO:R and beyond.

Sinatra SUN-FoW

MatronDeWinter wrote:I like the new house designs, except for any of the marble ones. Also, the log cabin is silly looking. That villa and stone tower is nice though.

The custom housing is a horrible idea, it looks like someone vomited random graphics on a generic foundation. :x

I doubt you will ever see any of that here though, unless the shard starts moving into UO:R and beyond.

I definitely agree.... custom housing is the biggest piece of horrid idea that ever came from houses.... I just would like to see some new housing models. Small thing not a big deal I just as I said before I don't feel that it changes any game mechanics or play-styles what so ever.... it is just non-t2a houses... which of course goes against the shards goals.... But you are probably right it will probably never happen. Wish I could make some type of trade with the Boss man. :P

Pac

Post by Pac »

The idea behind this shard is such a difficult concept for some people to grasp.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

NEA
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Mark Stoneholme

Post by Mark Stoneholme »

[OOC: I'm against this idea, era accuracy = era accuracy!]
Kind Regards,

Mark Stoneholme (ICQ: 644-876-747)
'Militiaman', The Militia.

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

I would love to see the small tower again. They are ace and I miss seeing and owning them. But I understand that it's beyond the period for this server and I'm not going to live on a UOR or later server just for a small tower, so it'll remain a fantasy :(

Unless Derrick lets me build a couple in a remote area somewhere? Nobody would ever see them, promise :o

Heskey

Post by Heskey »

I loved the stone towers, the stone workshops, and also the villa; with the red flag patio and the balcony overlooking it - But it's beyond the period of this server and I think we need to STAY era accurate.

[quote="jono1994"]ok i really think that u should add on the Elves race but still keep the original format of the game and also put in Necromancy :D[/quote]

OMGCAPSLOCK

Post by OMGCAPSLOCK »

If you start introducing things like this it'll just turn into every other server out there.

Rendar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rendar »

As I quit UO within a week or 2 of the release of UO:R, I'm not familiar with any of these housing types and have no desire for them. Stay within the era IMO.
Lord Rendar
Knight, UDL
http://www.undeadlords.net
Catskills/Siege Perilous
Your soul for Myrkul!

Sinatra SUN-FoW

Pac wrote:The idea behind this shard is such a difficult concept for some people to grasp.

Read my above post and you will see that it is NOT. I plainly said I understood the goals of the shard ERA ACCURATE. It was a question a poll of types - so if you don't have anything to say please don't try and make me sound as if I don't know wtf I am talking about. I don't see how adding a few housing designs would RUIN the experience. But I talked to Derrik he said very un-likely so probably not going to happen. I just wanted peoples opinions not people telling me I don't know how to read Era-Accuracy posts strung up EVERYWHERE. There are TONS of things that are NOT era accurate. Apparently Era Accurate also means being rude hah. Way to go!
Last edited by Sinatra SUN-FoW on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sinatra SUN-FoW

OMGCAPSLOCK wrote:If you start introducing things like this it'll just turn into every other server out there.

Well they were not the worst idea EA ever had to be quite honest. But again not Era Accurate. I am waiting for the "trammy" comments to start poppin up hah. Even though it has nothing to do with game play mechanics.

Sinatra SUN-FoW

OMGCAPSLOCK wrote:If you start introducing things like this it'll just turn into every other server out there.

Awww, just a few houses and it's every other shard? You really feel that way? KA get's to build their big town and as far as I can remember on Atlantic from 97-2000 this NEVER occurred. Hmm

Downs

Post by Downs »

I'd LOVE an etheral unicorn.....
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Sinatra SUN-FoW

Downs wrote:I'd LOVE an etheral unicorn.....
Yea cause that is soooo what this thread was about. How bout we shrink pets into trophies that thieves can steal!!! Omg we added a new layer of gameplay..... EPIC FAIL