Mining through wall

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
QniDopi

Mining through wall

Post by QniDopi »

Yesterday i noticed something strange, a person who was mining through the wall of his house. It seems strange to me so i reported him because he seemed to do it afk (unattended). The GM told me that as long as he is not doing it afk it's ok. So what, mining through a wall isn't a bug?

GomerPyle

Re: Mining through wall

Post by GomerPyle »

It is an era accurate bug

QniDopi

Post by QniDopi »

Aham it's a policy of the shard if i got it right? As long as it's EA it's stays the same. I thought it's only about game mechanics and stuff not absurdish things like digging through a wall.. I recall seeing things that are NEA, and they were made for certain reasons (make game better probably). Just wondering why is 1 thing NEA for good, and 1 (such as digging like a ghost) is left 'cause it's EA?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The accurate mechanic is no line of sight checks on mining, which applies to more than just digging from inside houses.

Not sure what you mean by digging like a ghost; but it is not allowed to mine unattended whether from within a house or not.

Thank you for reporting this in-game, it is important to report anyone who seems to be gather resources unattended.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

QniDopi

Post by QniDopi »

By ghost i meant the hands of the miner move through the wall..

Faust

Post by Faust »

New tinkering menu, pets, auto-stacking, and more. May 25 1999 9:41AM CST - http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=1999_Patch_Notes wrote:Line of sight checks will be added to the following skills, preventing their use through walls:
Fishing
Mining
Provocation

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Well there we go, I guess we better fix that. Thanks Faust. I didn't realize that change was made that early.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

I had no idea this was possible on here. I tend to think of this old feature more so of a pre-t2a addition. I would have been doing it for sure but was under the impression it wasn't possible. Oh, well. :wink: