windows 7 and install from secondary hard drive

cklabyrinth

windows 7 and install from secondary hard drive

Post by cklabyrinth »

hey, I'm having trouble getting UO to work right after installing windows 7 and a new hard drive a few months back. I had backed up all my files on my old hard drive, including the razor and second age install files. When I installed the second age client with the patch on my new hard drive, I think I ran it from the old hard drive and had it install on the new one.

Now, when I try to run razor it will always give me an error message saying the UO directory on the E:\ drive is no longer there and that it can't run. I've gotten around this by running the razor client in administrator mode, but even then it still gives me a message about a spells file, with an extension I can't remember, that can't be loaded.

Anyone else seen something like this? I've tried uninstalling and putting both the UO and razor install files onto my new hard drive, but after each install razor will still point to my old hard drive looking for the uo client.

Dagon

Re: windows 7 and install from secondary hard drive

Post by Dagon »

1) It sounds like you're using an old client installer, grab the newest one it's so much nicer!
2) It sounds like your registry entries are messed up for some reason.. but they shouldn't be if you installed uo/razor and didn't just copy files over..

Go into the registry editor (Start > Run > regedit) and browse down to this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0 and make sure the entries for ExePath, InstCDPath, and StartEXEPath are correct.. the most important is InstCDPath.. it should be pointing to your correct UO installation directory...... if it's not, double click it and enter your correct path.

Obviously, when running Razor the UO data files directory should be pointed to the correct location also..

Try this and see if it helps, if not post again...