0 lockpicking/ 8 hours of Lockpicking (50.0 skill)

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Deja vu

0 lockpicking/ 8 hours of Lockpicking (50.0 skill)

Post by Deja vu »

I am wondering why I am not gaining skill. This is a new character I started with 50 lock picking I created an alt character with 50 tinkering and 50 carpentry to make a box I could practice on and after 8 hours of it I have not even gained .1 skill.

I currently have not trained any other skills other than .4 meditation that happened before I could lock the skill.

my skill is not locked... am I doing some thing wrong?

Maleficia

Re: 0 lockpicking/ 8 hours of Lockpicking (50.0 skill)

Post by Maleficia »

I am going off the assumption you are getting a message that the lock is too difficult for you to figure out (or something like that). If this is not what you are getting, please post the message that appears above the chest.

Assuming this is tthe message, make another character with about 30 tinker and 50 carpentry. This will be a throw away character, so pick a third skill you want the newbe item from (music maybe?). Use this chest off this character to about 60 skill. The 50 skill chest should work for you for a while then.

Deja vu

Post by Deja vu »

Maleficia wrote:I am going off the assumption you are getting a message that the lock is too difficult for you to figure out (or something like that). If this is not what you are getting, please post the message that appears above the chest.

Assuming this is tthe message, make another character with about 30 tinker and 50 carpentry. This will be a throw away character, so pick a third skill you want the newbe item from (music maybe?). Use this chest off this character to about 60 skill. The 50 skill chest should work for you for a while then.

the message I get is "the lock quickly yields to your skill"

I have gained .2 from a few chests around town in Brittan... did the skill require to pick a 50 skill locked box go down?

I figured it out my throwaway guy I gave 50 carpentry and 50 tracking... sorry for the confusion.

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

I don't know, how many chests do you have? I went from 30 to 95 in about 8-10 hours...

Maleficia

Post by Maleficia »

50 skill chest should get you a ways until you are ready to start working on Master skill and higher locks. I have a 70 something box. Message me with where you usually are and what time you will be on and we'll see if that helps ya.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

use a 50 skill chest if you have 50 lockpick, if oyu are starting from 0 lockpick buy it to 30 and use a 30 skill box
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]