Armor and weapon repairs

Cado

Armor and weapon repairs

Post by Cado »

My blacksmith won't be ready for such duty for some time. He's working on GM mining gathering enough mats to start on smithing.

Who are good/reliable people to do repairs and where are they lol?

Every time I drop another 1k gold on GM armor i keep telling myself it's time to work that Blacksmithy!!!

Do weapons decline in damage/effectiveness as they wear out? It seems that armor does. I have a vanq (no + tactics) weapon I don't use much as it doesn't seem as effective as it once was.

Anyway..any advise would be appreciated :-)

Pirul

Re: Armor and weapon repairs

Post by Pirul »

I honestly don't know for sure. I believe wear will reduce effectiveness, but once repaired it'll retain the magic characteristics, but loose HP's, so in the future it will wear sooner.

It is probably MUCH cheaper to buy 1k worth of GM armour every so often, and have your smith smelt it when it looses a certain amount of AR points. I have dumped about 140k gold worth of ingots (about 20k ingots) on my crafter, and I expect he should get only to around 90 with this last batch.

There's a GM smith that has a shop by the Vesp GY, can't remember the name right now, but he should be able to do your repairs.

Hopefully in the coming weeks, a properly attired gentleman with the C^V tag will be able to take care of all your repair needs just south of the Guild House.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Cado

Re: Armor and weapon repairs

Post by Cado »

lol nice. But wow..that sounds expensive skilling up a blacksmith! My crafter is at almost 80 mining...so should be able to start smelting ores 100%. I'm waiting to get him to pretty close to GM mining before launching into blacksmithy...will probably mine ores for most the ingots thougg (as well as smelt crafted items) as I like the challenge and 140k gold for 20k ingots sounds a bit out of my budget!

I met Mr. Kilswar eariler today (the blacksmith with the GM gear at the Vesper GY)...he has graciously offered to help with repair needs, as I explained I was a customer :-)

I appreciate the insight though. I'm thinking you're right about the GM gear, instead of repair just replace and smelt. It might be more effective especially since its easier to just buy new gear than to run down someone else to repair. Of course, it would be nice to have some gear last long enough to wear down lol! I just bought some new stuff and soloed fire dungeon then got waxed and couldnt get back to gear in time.

As for magic gear...unless it's pretty nice stuff i probably won't worry about repairing it...either use it up or give it to someone who can use it.

Eventually we'll have two properly attired gentlemen with the C^V tag to take care of repairs and any weapon and metal armor needs :-)