Hiding/Tele/Paralyse in PvP Events (CTF/DD/Deathmatch)

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Should the regular PvP events allow more options?

Paralyse?
27%
Hiding/Invis?
43%
Teleport?
30%

Total votes: 30

Hernando_Kortez

Hiding/Tele/Paralyse in PvP Events (CTF/DD/Deathmatch)

Post by Hernando_Kortez »

I'm not sure why none of these spells/Abilities are allowed in the events.

For a start it means that anyone who put hiding on their template (which is a legitimate pvp skill) now only has 6 useful skills. Invis is also a legitimate way to escape death by combo for mages, it has a counter (in the reveal spell) so why cant we use it?

Paralyse is very useful for runners (and right now its very easy to get flags in ctf and then simply run away). There are several ways to counter paralyse so its not unfair.

Teleport is also a useful pvp spell for escaping blocking, jumping past dexxers and generally looking like a ninja, it adds fun to pvp so why is it disabled?

Just to make clear, I'm not trying to have a moan about the pvp events, they are great fun. Just want to see what people think about the idea of allowing these abilities and if theres any good reasons for derrick disabling them.

Zim

Re: Hiding/Tele/Paralyse in PvP Events (CTF/DD/Deathmatch)

Post by Zim »

In CTF/DD/Deathmatch

I support hiding, teleport, and paralyze.

Hiding/Teleport cant be used by a flag holder, nor can they be invised.

Paralyze- I guarantee I will para spam in CTF till I find some poor sap without pouches... Unless they can make endless pouches this would be kind of redundant, and actually cost pure warriors resources ((For magic trap scrolls))

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

There's no reason not to add hiding and teleport...If para is added maybe trapped pouches should be a free use item, like pots.

alatar

Post by alatar »

add all
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

qtip

Post by qtip »

Hiding/invis for sure. Teleport makes it hard to block people in, but then so does unlimited TRs, so i suppose I'm for it. Do trapped pouches remain trapped during unlimited events? If not i think adding paralyze would severely hinder those without magery.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Hmmm, just to throw it out there, your poll is slightly flawed as it doesn't take into account anyone who doesn't want those things to be added. Unless you assume a no-vote is someone who doesn't vote for any, in which case it auto loses because there are tons of people who never vote.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

adamm

Post by adamm »

there should be no restrictions in events. if any, just paralyze, why? because all people have to do is carry trapped pouches and this would just be redundant.

if anything, WOS, para and potions are the only things that should be prevented.

potions shouldn't be allowed . they just drag shit out. 120str, running and chugging GH's non stop with the flag while having blue healers. running through human walls is lame too. i know gimps will say this ruins their template but the dexxer is still swinging 3x faster than a mage with 25 dex and takes anywhere from 3 to 6 hits to kill someone. if teh gimp needs a heal or cure then he should rely on his mage teammates. this makes it more of a team event and not a 1:1:1:1:1 vs 1:1:1:1:1 vs 1:1:1:1:1 vs 1:1:1:1:1

hiding and stealth should be allowed, why shouldn't they? i don't think you should be able to hide if you have the flag or are on a capture point but other than that they should be allowed, it only took divinity about a year to add this in and sure enough thieves joined in stealthing up to flags and running away with them.

i think events should be labeled as just events and not pvp events. i used to use a macer mage and firewall/macebeatdown people and they couldn't do shit combined with melee and fire field damage. but of course even in tourneys you cant cast fire field.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

These are great suggestions. I'll try and get them implemented right away.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

adamm wrote:there should be no restrictions in events. if any, just paralyze, why? because all people have to do is carry trapped pouches and this would just be redundant.

if anything, WOS, para and potions are the only things that should be prevented.

potions shouldn't be allowed . they just drag shit out. 120str, running and chugging GH's non stop with the flag while having blue healers. running through human walls is lame too. i know gimps will say this ruins their template but the dexxer is still swinging 3x faster than a mage with 25 dex and takes anywhere from 3 to 6 hits to kill someone. if teh gimp needs a heal or cure then he should rely on his mage teammates. this makes it more of a team event and not a 1:1:1:1:1 vs 1:1:1:1:1 vs 1:1:1:1:1 vs 1:1:1:1:1

hiding and stealth should be allowed, why shouldn't they? i don't think you should be able to hide if you have the flag or are on a capture point but other than that they should be allowed, it only took divinity about a year to add this in and sure enough thieves joined in stealthing up to flags and running away with them.

i think events should be labeled as just events and not pvp events. i used to use a macer mage and firewall/macebeatdown people and they couldn't do shit combined with melee and fire field damage. but of course even in tourneys you cant cast fire field.
No potions = instant death for anyone without magery. If I go up against anyone with even minor magery in a 1v1 I die. They just poison me over and over and I have no way (short of waiting 11 seconds) to cure it. And then...by the time it cures, they can instantly cast another poison.

As for relying on teammates. Assuming you have teammates....you are limiting things to teams with mages. Meaning if a team ends up without a mage, or without one who cooperates/helps, they are screwed.

As a side suggestion, can the 'alliance chat' be replaced or overridden to function as a 'team chat'. This would negate the need for a team to party everyone up. Alternatively...perhaps force all team members into a party?
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Ronk wrote:As a side suggestion, can the 'alliance chat' be replaced or overridden to function as a 'team chat'. This would negate the need for a team to party everyone up. Alternatively...perhaps force all team members into a party?
there is a team chart during the , game, [t
It does make sence to use the party function though, to let you see eachothers mana and stamina. I'll see what I can do.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Derrick wrote:
Ronk wrote:As a side suggestion, can the 'alliance chat' be replaced or overridden to function as a 'team chat'. This would negate the need for a team to party everyone up. Alternatively...perhaps force all team members into a party?
there is a team chart during the , game, [t
It does make sence to use the party function though, to let you see eachothers mana and stamina. I'll see what I can do.
I was unaware of that. But another suggestion...

In the event signup area, put some signs on the wall or an instruction book to note such things as:

- [t Team chat
- How to pick up, capture the flag
- Notes on how regs/potions don't get used
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Krug'gruk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Krug'gruk »

I'd be curious to see what the distribution of votes would be if there was an option not to impliment any of these spells/skills into the CTF events. I personally think it's good as is. I could be convinced to consider hiding/invis/reveal, but tele and para I think is a bad idea. With tele there woudl be no reason to defend as someon could tele over your line grab the flag and tele back over. At least as it is now they would have to chug pots and actually run over the line. I'm new here so I don't have as much knowledge of the system as all of y'all, but those are my thoughts.