Must have magery?

Topics related to Second Age
Amakiir

Must have magery?

Post by Amakiir »

I guess in this era every PvP'ers must have magery in their templates. I actually don't want magery because I'm sick of being a mage. But looks like I will have to put magery at my templates.

Is there a lj bonus in axe weapons?
because i was thinking a temp. like this:
100 sw
100 tct
100 lj
100 heal
100 anat
100 resist
100 remaining

what can i do. i need help :)

yossarian
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Must have magery?

Post by yossarian »

no LJ bonus, you can do pure dex tho.
Hiding is useful.

Alican

Post by Alican »

how are dexxers compared to halberd mages?

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Amakiir wrote:i was thinking a temp. like this:
100 sw
100 tct
100 lj
100 heal
100 anat
100 resist
100 remaining

what can i do. i need help :)
You do realize that at 0 magery it will take you forever to recall.... off of a scroll right? I'd do 50 hiding and 50 magery. Recall off scrolls, spam mini heals and can cure. I've found being able to cast cure while healing makes the dex templete even better.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Alican wrote:how are dexxers compared to halberd mages?
I've seen a few reds that are dexxers, not sure what their prey is but my experience is that a good hally mage will win most of the time. The amount of initial damage they can deal out can be brutal. However if you can survive their mana dump you have a good chance of running it a stalemate. As a dexxer I just can never "close the deal"

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

I've seen a few reds that are dexxers, not sure what their prey is but my experience is that a good hally mage will win most of the time. The amount of initial damage they can deal out can be brutal. However if you can survive their mana dump you have a good chance of running it a stalemate. As a dexxer I just can never "close the deal"

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

In straight 1v1 combat, nothing seems to beat an equipped (mr items, magics, pots) dexer.

The problem is that people can/will run from you. Tank mage seems to work better for a PK, because of the ability to quickly prevent recall.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

How do you prevent recall?

Donk

Post by Donk »

Cast something that interrupts and has a shorter cast time than Recall. Harm is good for this.
<Zedd[afk> if theres ever a uosa convention and you pked me once ur getting ran over with a truck

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Donk wrote:Cast something that interrupts and has a shorter cast time than Recall. Harm is good for this.
Oh ok. So as soon as I see they start casting recall just hit em with harm? When do I get to attack?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

In between harms. Basically you run in and do a bunch of damage. Once they start trying to recall, you keep harm pre-cast and hit them with the weapon in between casts. Toss explosion potions while they are running ect.

Sym

Post by Sym »

use your hally
poop: 35k

Phallax

Post by Phallax »

My Red is a dexxer, you just have to hope the RNG turns in your favor and you get the hits off as theyre trying to recall. They have to stop to cast, you never have to stop to hit, and if youre as fast or faster than them (connection/machine speed) you can keep GE pots going at them also while on the run.

I normally hunt solo so my prey is always a single target, somtimes 2 depending how ballsy I feel at the moment and how much im willing to risk.

My Temple is in my sig,Jeebs, I use archery as my initial attack with a heavy xbox, can deal out alot of dmg from the start from range then run at em with the kryss for quick dmg and interupts.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Lazarus wrote:
This is the opposite of the truth.

In a fight where both people are well-prepared, the dexxer will never lose. He may not win - he may run out of purple potions, or miss two swings in a row at a stationary mage who's casting recall - but a prepared dexxer will not lose.

If you have trouble closing the deal, you need to work on your chasing skills, your purple potion skills (and perhaps the amount you carry), and maybe carry better weapons (read: poisoned).

If you have trouble with dying to tank mages, you should ensure you are always at 120 max HPs to begin a fight. Typically, I would chug a white potion to put my max HPs at 120. I would start a bandage (15-second timer). And I would be a little cautious for 8-10 seconds. At that point, you can charge in and go on offense, knowing they can't deal 100 damage (actually, more like 111 to 130, as you chug a yellow potion if they connect with a spell or two) before your bandage finishes. And, the more they TRY to do that massive damage real quickly, the worse shape they are in once your bandage finishes and negates all the mana use they put into trying to drop you fast.

Magery is far too useful not to have; I would suggest a minimum of 60 so you never fail Recalls. As a red dexxer, it saved my ass a few times, when I bought myself some time but was being pursued by 4 or 5 people. But, if you are dead-set on not having magery, I'd go with:

100 Fencing
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Magic Resist
100 Tracking

Use that as a base. The final 100 can be anything...

Hiding to lay hidden and surprise people, and to run through doorways, around corners, etc, and hide while your bandage finishes.
Detect Hidden to reveal hidden players (though you could always use a purple potion, but you get hit with it too and risk them connecting with a swing at you).
Mace fighting is a decent choice, as for dexxer-vs-dexxer fights involving prepared players, it's the best. Their stamina- and armor-wrecking ability is very useful, and poison is only useful if they don't carry orange potions.
Stealing could be fun, though without Snooping you're just going to randomly try to steal things. (You can set some hotkeys to "steal by type" too)
Poisoning can be useful; I prefer to keep it on mule characters and just carry 3 or 4 poisoned weapons, but some people like to be able to just re-apply poison to their best weapon.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

If you just need recall, you should be OK with 36 magery from a scroll with no failures. Then you can put 64 into hiding which is much more effective than 50 hiding.