Selling Crafted Items to NPCS

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Selling Crafted Items to NPCS

Post by RawToxic »

I found a bug when selling multiple crafted items of the same type to an NPC. Crafted items sold to NPCS can have different values depending on if the item is a regular or exceptional item when crafted. If you sell multiple crafted items to a NPC of the same type, the calculation of all items sold for all items of that type is based on the first item of that type sold to the npc. For instance. If I sell 15 bows to an NPC and the first item I sell is a regular bow, I get paid 255gp for all 15 bows. If I sell 15 bows to an NPC and the first item I sell is an exceptional bow, I get paid 300gp for all 15 bows.

I would consider this a big hole for an exploit...

Please fix it :)

Thanks!
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker
Fletch - GM Bowyer, Miner
Samuel Vane - GM Fisherman
Arsenic Annie - GM Poisoner
Grimm McCutty - PVP Hybrid

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Selling Crafted Items to NPCS

Post by Kaivan »

Actually, on OSI items were sold on NPC's based on their maximum durability at the time of sale for non-magic items, and was double the base value for magic items (regardless of thier magical properties). All NPC items that were bought all had exactly the same durability, as they were from a sepcialized "store bought" list, giving you that single sell value, while any player crafted items, be it poor, normal, or exceptional, had a value associated with the durability on the item when sold to a vendor. Since all player crafted items have a variable durability (and a % increase/decrease to that durability based on poor/exceptional quality), items would all sell for variable amounts of gold.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RawToxic »

Aye. That is still not what it's doing now. Also, I have still yet to craft a poorly crafted item with Bowcrafting. I just seem to get regular and exceptional quality items on all attempts of bows or crossbows at 59.0 base skill level.

Never the less, I'd just like to see it pay you what it says it's going to at the bottom of the sell cart after all of your items are totalled.

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

RawToxic wrote:Aye. That is still not what it's doing now. Also, I have still yet to craft a poorly crafted item with Bowcrafting. I just seem to get regular and exceptional quality items on all attempts of bows or crossbows at 59.0 base skill level.

Never the less, I'd just like to see it pay you what it says it's going to at the bottom of the sell cart after all of your items are totalled.
Thanks. Working on it.

We've know something was up with this, but never knew exactly what the conditions were to cause the payout not to match. That's for the detailed info on the problem. I'm on it.

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RawToxic »

NP.. I do this for a living... Anything else you want me to look into? LOL

I'll let ya know of anything else I find. :mrgreen: