Don't get hacked, like me.

Topics related to Second Age
SoulStealer A.O

Don't get hacked, like me.

Post by SoulStealer A.O »

Just a heads up because I totally did this to myself. After not playing a freeserver for over a year, I stared playing here again 2 weeks ago off and on. I don't know why, I was searching the net and found this PRET2A server called UO Genesis. I logged in, logged out 25 seconds later. Stupid me, not thinking, I used the same info as my UOSA account. That's the only place I had the same user name and PW, my account could of been breached by other means but just incase this is a heads up. Yesterday, I logged off for about an hour and in the process I managed to get my stuff and my buddys stuff jacked. Lucky him for letting me use his place ;p

I heard the owner of UOgenesis is a player on this server, which is kind of shitty regardless how retarded I am, if that is the reason for the breach on my account. I also didn't have my account registered to my IP/Email, not sure why I guess I was just lazy.. Well this dude went a head a registered it to his.

So make sure your accont is registered and don't use the same password and username anywhere else, unless you forget like me, then you can feel just as stupid as I do.

EDIT: My account was not hacked based on creating an account on uo.genesis
Last edited by SoulStealer A.O on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sandro

Re: Don't get hacked, like me.

Post by Sandro »

good post, a lot of people actually do this..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Pro

Post by Pro »

Ye i saw your char yesterday ig he looked like he was being a bit shifty

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Uh-Oh... that's awful.

What do you mean by linking account to IP?
Last edited by uofuntime on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

So the owner of UO Genesis plays here as well and used your login info from his UO Genesis database to hack your account here? Thats shady as h e double hockey sticks. smh.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

SoulStealer A.O wrote:I heard the owner of UOgenesis is a player on this server, which is kind of shitty regardless how retarded I am. I also didn't have my account registered to my IP/Email, not sure why I guess I was just lazy.. Well this dude went a head a registered it to his.
edit: UOGenesis is hemperor's server. I'm not directly implying that hemperor did it.
Last edited by Hicha on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Fact?

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Hicha wrote:
SoulStealer A.O wrote:I heard the owner of UOgenesis is a player on this server, which is kind of shitty regardless how retarded I am. I also didn't have my account registered to my IP/Email, not sure why I guess I was just lazy.. Well this dude went a head a registered it to his.
Hemperor
That's a heavy accusation. I'm sure if it is true it could be proven out.

Lord Cavewight of GL

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

Maybe staff could see if the hacker logged into more then 3 accounts and then delete one of his accounts? :D

Anyway sorry to hear about your loss it happens to the best of us. In 1999 I was dumb enough to download a file a stranger sent me over ICQ and I got hacked. Luckily the hacker was nice enough to spare my characters and not ruin my neon hair with a normal hue.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Lazarus wrote:Fact?
UOGenesis is hemperor's server.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Hicha wrote:
Lazarus wrote:Fact?
UOGenesis is hemperor's server.
I thought you were kidding...!!!

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

That kind of Hacking is not a Hemperor Move, he is a douche at times in game, but wouldn't ever steal players information, not to mention that we share a Keep in game, any loot he would have gotten I would have saw (PM a list of stuff you lost I can take a look JUST in case but I haven't noticed anything new)

Either way, its possible if other people who had access to Hemperors server as GM/Admin to access this information, not to mention he told me he was hacked a few months back too :lol:

EITHER WAY this is REALLY easy to check on from here check the Account in question, look at the IP log ins and then compare to Hemperors accounts on Secondage.
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We are still looking into this.

The warning about using the same username/password on other servers is very serious, however there is not at this time any implication that another UOSA player logged into this account.

Specific allegations against other players are unfounded based on the current evidence, i have began looking at this after seeing the reports first thing this morning, and passwords have been changed.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Derrick wrote:
The warning about using the same username/password on other servers is very serious,

I would say neever use the same user name/password anywhere related to UO , Guild forums, Decoration/misc UO fact web pages, private Ventrillo Servers, Even the Public UOSA Ventrillo server (it is paid for and run by myself but who knows how insecure Ventrillo is)

AND ESPECIALLY OTHER SHARDS! There is not a single server out there that has staff like we do here, dont forget that fact!
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

SoulStealer A.O

Post by SoulStealer A.O »

Yeah, I wasent suggesting that a player from UOSA had done anything or that it was the owner of uogenesis who did it. Just very coincidental I guess, enough for people to be warned anyways. I've seen Hemp around and seen him post on various forums, he seems like a regular UO guy who plays for the game. Just so we are clear though, I don't know him and I am not accusing him of anything.

Also, I usually keep all the passwords seperate, must of messed up this time ;p