Funny PK stories

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Lazarus

Funny PK stories

Post by Lazarus »

So the first time I took my main character into a dungeon I took him to Shame. I had brought some blank runes because I wanted to mark some. So I get into Shame and I head straight for level 3. I see no one on the first level. Get onto the second level and theres a blue fighter I greet him and head on down. No one around and I'm dropping elementals, evil mages, etc. So I get about 3k gold and I decide to go bank. I go to cast recall: Kal Ort Por - That rune is not marked. Uh oh. You ever have a feeling that something bad is about to happen? Yea I just got the feeling the I was about to die soon. It was eerie.

So I think what to do what to do. So I made Invis easy to cast. Figured that would help a little. Then I remembered the blue fighter on the 2nd level. I run up to the second level and I pass two blues heading down. I didn't know them so I continued to until I happened upon the fighter. He had just finished killing an air.

Me: Hey can I hit your rune to town.
Him: I dont have one.
At this point I knew that Newton or Murphy Law was about to happen and there was nothing I could do to stop it.
Me: What do you mean you don't have a rune to town?
Him: No magery.
Me: Drats. I left mine at the bank.

At this time I see BearJew coming directly from the north and another red flanking to the west. I immediately casted invis and they went straight for the blue. As soon as BearJew passed me I took off running. By the time I reached the gate to the second level I could see his name approaching. I scurried through level 1 and he was hot on my heels. I could see the cave entrance and I knew that if I could hit daylight I just might have a chance to survive. As I run outside a 3rd red is there waiting and he paralyzes me. Not having pvping in a while I neglected to trip my trapped pouches and as BearJew came out they murdered me.... and my horse.

I think that was one of my funniest stories being a victim. I have another I will post tomorrow. Moral of the story? Always carry a MARKED safe rune and a recall scroll. Hiding helps as does frequently casting invis. Remember to trip those trapped pouches.

GomerPyle

Re: Funny PK stories

Post by GomerPyle »

The blue was the red's alt / a scout

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

GomerPyle wrote:The blue was the red's alt / a scout
Funny that the PKs went after him rather than the OP, then.

I've been murderered in so many stupid ways before. When I first started here, I made a dexer first and would transfer the gold to my tank so I could macro. My character got PKed at the liches, so I waited until the reds left, then opened a gate to my house on my alt. I was smart enough to exit my house first, just in case there was someone stealthing around in the dungeon, I didn't want them coming in my house and looting shit.

Anyway, exiting my house ended up not being such a good idea. Not having played UO in 5 years, I was obviously on a fresh install, and not having a mage capable of fighting anything, my mage didn't have any macros set (not even greater heal). Of course, a blue comes through the gate and starts blasting my alt. I tried to open my house door. "That is locked". Drat. So I'm running around like a headless chook on my mage, unable to fight back or heal myself.

The worst part was that I was carrying 500+ FS regs, my runebook and a pile of gold. I offered to buy my runebook back for 2k (it had maybe 5-6 runes), but he tried to extort 5k out of me.. screw that. I told him he'd made an enemy, and I was laughed at.

Over a month later, I saw the guy in Destard and he tried to ninja loot my kill, I blasted him down to 0hp and he ran like the wind (I was lagging, no chance to chase him down).. that would've been sweet justice :( at least he didn't get my AW loot.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

GomerPyle wrote:The blue was the red's alt / a scout
Nah the one blue that I was talking to couldnt have been an alt because we were taking at the very moment they popped up. Now maybe the two blues that I ran past, thats a possibility.

Ulor

Post by Ulor »

When I first started, it take me like a week straight to scrape up like 300 gold and an odd assortment of store-bought weapons and cheap armor. Well, I was based in Britain and had my meager inventory in the bank. I decided to head for you, to the Great North. Surely adventure awaited.

Well, I didn't know that your bank box was the same at every bank in every city, so I thought I would have to take my inventory to Yew and deposit it in the bank there. I emptied my supplies into my backpack, not forgetting the candle or wheel of cheese for hungry days and dark nights. I could not Recall, so I had to hoof it.

I consulted my cloth map and found the good road out of Britain, through the mountain, taking the northern fork in the road. Just through the mountain pass, I spotted a deer who would make fine material for a leather armor and I attacked it with my viking sword. I had become stronger because little by little the deer started to fall to my steel, when suddenly a player swooped in, red as blood, named Rolex and slew me with two arrows.

First time I got PKed. I lost everything, but was relieved to learn later how banks work.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Ulor as soon as you said "I didn't know that your bank box was the same at every bank in every city" I just shook my head. :lol:

A week to make 300 gold? You should have started off making bows. LOL

Ulor

Post by Ulor »

Lazarus wrote:Ulor as soon as you said "I didn't know that your bank box was the same at every bank in every city" I just shook my head. :lol:

A week to make 300 gold? You should have started off making bows. LOL

Yeah I really didn't have any clue wtf I was doing back then. This game was like a six month learning curve back them. I was used to playing games that sort of led you through them, like Diablo. A persistent world was definitely a new thing, and it hooked me, despite the PKs. haha

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

I love Diablo! Yea it took my friend and I a little bit too but we quickly took up bowcrafting.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

On Napa it was practically pointless to try sell anything to vendors. There were way too many people selling to the vendors and they constantly had 0 gold. So stuff like bowcrafting just didn't work for gold, unless you wanted to wait around all day to sell to vendors (or had runes to every city's vendors).

My first char ever (well, first char I played for more than an hour) ended up being a ~95 macing dexer with about 45 healing and GM mining.. lol. It went red and I ended up deleting it (not sure why I didn't just leave it). It would destroy dexers with GM skills just because of stam drain. When I think about it, it had really low healing but I don't recall failing with bandys half as often as I do here on characters with 70+ healing.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Return to “Tales of Adventure”