Are you "cheap"?

Topics related to Second Age
Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Are you "cheap"?

Post by Budner »

When I play, I collect every sellable item I encounter (weaps/armor/jewels/etc) and take it to various vendors in exchange for cash. I figure this add 10-20% to my gains from hunting and looting, aside from just taking gold and regs. Which adds up. Do you guys mess around with these items or do you just grab gold and forget about the hassle of selling that random weapon for 30 gp?

cokomantis

Re: Are you "cheap"?

Post by cokomantis »

if i think i can actually make money faster when i collect "things", i collect and sell them. but sometimes i just think it's slowing me down, running from vendor to vendor.

kinda depends on what i think at that moment. =)

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Yup, I am cheap.

I never buy resources (ingots, boards, arrows) and make them myself since it's free (just time lost)... loot scrolls from monsters to make full spellbooks minus 8th circle, lol. And a variety of other things. Lately, I've become less cheap though.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Yeah, when I started here my first char gathered scrolls and completed 80-90% of the spell books for the other 4 chars I eventually created. 15-20k savings right there vs. buying at a vendor (assuming you don't choose a vendor selling empty spellbooks for 5k!)

TheEttinKing

Post by TheEttinKing »

nope

Jed Clampett on drugs story By the EttinKing.

Let me tell ya story bout a man named Jed poor man barley kept his family feed then one day he was smoking on a joint and zedd hit him with his truck...Twice.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Cheap in the sense that its all about gold/time. Sometimes you have to waste to free up time to make more money.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I'm too lazy to loot and sell all this stuff. I realise it would add a decent amount to my farming income, I just can't be bothered organising and selling it all. Gems are small and hard to click on. Too lazy to make a scavenger macro tbh.

I loot gold/armor/weps and that's it. If the wep is lower than force, I drop it on the ground by the bank. I actually drop some decent weps from time to time (~force +20), would be good for nubs to use, but they rarely get picked up.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i have a rediculous amount of wool... if i pass a sheep i cant help sheer it and then stack the wool. I dont farm it or go out of my way to get it... but after two years of random sheep sheering the pile is large.. and im allergic to wool :<
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

I always loot gems and scrolls; I have every single scroll except for a few like Recall along with every gem in my Sell Agent. 30-45g per scroll adds up really fast, and Sell Agent makes it super easy to dump them.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Hicha wrote:I always loot gems and scrolls; I have every single scroll except for a few like Recall along with every gem in my Sell Agent. 30-45g per scroll adds up really fast, and Sell Agent makes it super easy to dump them.
Saved me the post. Exact same for me.

Off of a level 4 treasure chest, the scrolls typically netted me 800-1000 in gold. So that's an extra 5% or so. I had every scroll on my sell agent except Recall and Gate. And you absolutely need to sell all the gems you come across.

CrazyJoe

Post by CrazyJoe »

I got laughed at and called a noob in Delucia picking up several swords from someone dumping them.

I can't wait till I'm a rich snob.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

One mans garbage is another mans treasure.....

TheEttinKing

Post by TheEttinKing »

Hicha wrote:I always loot gems and scrolls; I have every single scroll except for a few like Recall along with every gem in my Sell Agent. 30-45g per scroll adds up really fast, and Sell Agent makes it super easy to dump them.
After i get done id'ing bag of magic weps and armor i stick the good stuff in my house and then recall to the vendor with the junk stuff and hit my vendor sell macro i got em all on my sell agent and i make more off the junk armor then i do off gems and scrolls together.

Jed Clampett on drugs story By the EttinKing.

Let me tell ya story bout a man named Jed poor man barley kept his family feed then one day he was smoking on a joint and zedd hit him with his truck...Twice.

Kordavox

Post by Kordavox »

I loot all my gems, but I occasionally leave scrolls on corpses.
I do loot all scrolls and gems from chests (Tmaps & mibs) as I have a restock agent/sell that includes most scrolls and all gems.

I always vendor female armor.

Shane2

Post by Shane2 »

Mikel123 wrote:
Saved me the post. Exact same for me.

Off of a level 4 treasure chest, the scrolls typically netted me 800-1000 in gold. So that's an extra 5% or so. I had every scroll on my sell agent except Recall and Gate. And you absolutely need to sell all the gems you come across.
Yep, what these guys said.