Trinsic Estates - New Player Housing [One Vacancy]

Topics related to Second Age
Theograd

Trinsic Estates - New Player Housing [One Vacancy]

Post by Theograd »

UPDATE: I now own six houses on the island, decorated for this purpose.

To start, I'm not certain this is the sub-forum to post in, so please move as you see fit. That being said...

I'd like to officially announce the opening of Trinsic Estates. To help with the issue of new player housing, I've been able to acquire four small houses on the small island connected via bridge to the East side of Trinsic. The island probably has a name, but I've no clue what it may be. The images below show the location of the four houses, marked by black squares on the map. All four houses are decorated identically. They all include:

Add-ons: Small Forge, Anvil, Stone Oven, Spinning Wheel, Loom

In addition, each house comes with a prestocked secure chest. Each chest contains enough equipment, I feel, to make your fortune here on UOSA.

Chest: 3x Hatchet, 5x Shovel, 3x Tinker Tools, 3x Tongs, 3x Sewing Kit, 3x GM Kryss, 3x GM Katana, 3x GM Heater Shield, 1x GM Dex Suit

The island itself is great for new players. The only aggressive spawn are mongbats and headless, and if someone happened to have trained taming there recently, the bears seem to eat those. There are sheep to shear, and plenty of water to fish in. Birds seem plentiful, and there are enough trees to make some arrows. Trinsic itself is only a screen away, and there seems to usually be a wandering healer about.

Here is how I intend this to work. If you are a new player, with no housing but looking to place a house of your own, then you qualify for Trinsic Estates.

- You will be made co-owner of the house. The houses are currently private, with a key ring with house key locked down on the steps. So no need to carry house keys around. Just unlock the door, walk through and shut, and relock. You can access the key on the step even while inside the house.

- You are free to friend whomever you like. Just remember that friends can access the key ring and the secure chest.

- You are free to use as much or as little of the items supplied to you in the secure chest.

- You must be actively working to place your own home. This includes training skills in order to earn gold. I won't be looking for status updates, but I will prompt you if it seems like you've been there an exceptionally long time.

- Once you've place a house of your own (being a co-owner doesn't restrict you from placing a house), let me know, and I'll remove your access to the house, as well as clear the friends list.

In general, you are free to use the house as you wish. However, if you are found harming or griefing the other tenants of the island, I will evict you. It's my intention that this help new players get acclimated to the server, and help us grow even larger. Those type of actions would obviously hinder that. But to be clear, it's only on the island you need to behave. I've no say over what you do in the rest of the world.

So with that, we're officially open. If you fit the above description, send me a PM and we'll get you moved in. If you know of a player that fits, please pass this along to them. I don't really intend to go hunting for tenants, just play landlord. Hopefully the community here can take advantage of this. These houses are first come, first serve, but I will keep a waiting list if demand warrants it.

Thanks,
Theograd
Attachments
TrinsicEstates.JPG
TrinsicOverview.JPG
TrinsicOverview.JPG (19.77 KiB) Viewed 4609 times
Last edited by Theograd on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:11 pm, edited 11 times in total.

CrazyJoe

Re: Trinsic Estates - New Player Housing

Post by CrazyJoe »

How funny.

I was just running up and down that island last night, as I don't have the cash yet to even buy a deed (1/4 the way there) and always wanted a house on that island despite the small house limitations, and how quite it is.

You with the best of intentions, just brought attention to how nice the place is!

siredge

Post by siredge »

I am a tailor... is it possible to have the one with the loom if I may?

:)

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

CrazyJoe wrote:How funny.

I was just running up and down that island last night, as I don't have the cash yet to even buy a deed (1/4 the way there) and always wanted a house on that island despite the small house limitations, and how quite it is.

You with the best of intentions, just brought attention to how nice the place is!

You just missed your chance, then. The house on the south tip fell sometime recently, and I placed there last night. Are you looking to move in until you can place your own house, or just commenting? :)

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

siredge wrote:I am a tailor... is it possible to have the one with the loom if I may?

:)

All four houses have looms and spinning wheels. If you're around, I can get you co-owned now.

CrazyJoe

Post by CrazyJoe »

I was looking into owning one actually.

Having issues, every time I hit 10,000 gold I blow it on regs to train up ><

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Aw, this is wonderful!

siredge

Post by siredge »

Theograd, I am on right now.

Reemer

Post by Reemer »

My wife and myself have been playing almost a week. up to 4k but keep spending gold on regs. We would love to be co-owned one if any are still available.

-Reemer

Pro

Post by Pro »

I tried doing this like 4 months ago but no one wnated a house so i just collapsed them all ;[

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Reemer wrote:My wife and myself have been playing almost a week. up to 4k but keep spending gold on regs. We would love to be co-owned one if any are still available.

-Reemer
That is the sweetest thing I read here. Husband and Wife playing UO, making 4k together. Wonderful stuff. =)

Reemer

Post by Reemer »

Together my ass. I made 4k and she took half of it.

-Reemer

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

If you need equipment donations let me know, I'd be glad to help support this.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

Reemer (and wife) have moved in, and I have another place tentatively filled. Two more houses available!

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

mrbojangles wrote:If you need equipment donations let me know, I'd be glad to help support this.
Good to know. I'll certainly keep this in mind. Thank you.