RP Guilds?

Here you will find guilds to join and were you may recruit members to join your Roleplaying Guild.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for post Guild Information, Recruitment and Contact Info. Do not post inflamatory remarks in other guilds threads.
Cpt Spaulding

RP Guilds?

Post by Cpt Spaulding »

Just wondering which ones are activelt participating on this server?
Merchant and pirate were for a long period one and the same person. Even today mercantile morality is really nothing but a refinement of piratical morality.

alatar

Re: RP Guilds?

Post by alatar »

the only active roleplaying guild i know is the Bloodrock Orcs..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

keuse

Post by keuse »

There are a few shadowclan kicking around/joining and if enough of them come then they bring the undead with them.
I seen a few members in "Yew Militia" on this server.
BOJ (Vikings) i believe is here
Savages are here but the GM just had a baby/started a new job so things are a bit slow at the moment.

Theres also Kingdom Of Ascalon - RP city with knights etc (all that I know of it really)

More will come.

Cpt Spaulding

Post by Cpt Spaulding »

Sounds good

Although...BoJ Vikings are far from RP. If they are still rolling with the same members from Divinity, including Black Wolf, they got alot of work to do before they are ever considered RP.
Merchant and pirate were for a long period one and the same person. Even today mercantile morality is really nothing but a refinement of piratical morality.

alatar

Post by alatar »

there are not enough dedicated roleplayers around to lead these types of guilds.. i don't think Bloodrock will last if it stands as the only RP guild on the server.. just my .02$ tho
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Prurk

Post by Prurk »

hoho. Da hai ib tuff'ah den uu tink uumie!

Not going anywhere :mrgreen:

Cpt Spaulding

Post by Cpt Spaulding »

I'm sure they'll last longer than you think. Just need to get people to participate in the new RP guilds that are joining.

Main thing people will have to accept is that PvP is not the only thing that makes a shard.

qtip

Post by qtip »

thinking of making a pirate guild Spaulding?

Cpt Spaulding

Post by Cpt Spaulding »

Well...I've been running YAR on Divinity for quite awhile now and it's become one of the largest RP Guilds there. Decided to hop over here and see what type of pirates I can round up for some lootin' and pillagin'

keuse

Post by keuse »

alatar wrote:there are not enough dedicated roleplayers around to lead these types of guilds.. i don't think Bloodrock will last if it stands as the only RP guild on the server.. just my .02$ tho
On great lakes there was limited roleplaying on behalf of other guilds and we lasted oh.. 8 years?
If we were a friendly guild that did not engage in pvp and didnt have people harassing us all the time to make for some fun, then yes i would agree.
plus the veterans know how to create our own events to add to the fun of the guild.

Angler

Post by Angler »

Arg, I have a vessel, the Red Pearl, shes a fine boat, and I'm a-lookin for a crew o' scallywags to help me pillage the land lubbers in this bloaty world.
Sea squabbler o' the deep blue!

Cpt Spaulding

Post by Cpt Spaulding »

Ye be lookin' in the right place mate. YAR be up an' runnin' soon so keep ye'r eye out for the recruitment post.

Angler

Post by Angler »

Aye.
Sea squabbler o' the deep blue!

Thor

Post by Thor »

I don't understand RPing... Thor has always been an extension of me rather than a replacement. In some games, like D&D it's really needed, and I wouldn't mind RPing on UO if there wasn't so much emphasis put on the language. I can't get over how stupid orcs/pirates/elizabethian knights sound (no offense, just a matter of taste I suppose).

Anyway, that's my $.02.

Cpt Spaulding

Post by Cpt Spaulding »

Learning the language of the kin you are RPing is one of the most vital things that seperate the real RPers from the posers. Anyone can run around claiming to be a pirate...but those that play the part, not only by the way they act and what they say, but also by the things they do ingame. Those are the real RP players.

The thing about RP is you don't just have to RP a guild that is defined by a type of language. You can do something as simple as RPing a British Police guild that talks just as normal as any other person playing the game. Back on Divinity we had a RP guild called SA who were basically RPing macro police/griefers. I'm sure they weren't too focused on coming up with a language for them to communicate with each other. RP a Mafia guild that collects bounty contracts that players sign for a certain person. You can basically do anything with RP if you are creative enough.