Telechinesis on chest

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
inscape

Telechinesis on chest

Post by inscape »

I know that this server should be a t2a accurate but i think that some little correction could work better then the original shard... For example i think that telichinesis on chest should be fix to give some value on remove trap skill...

Lajon

Re: Telechinesis on chest

Post by Lajon »

If I remember correctly, Telekinesis did not work on higher-level trapped chests. I think I could remove the trap with Telekinesis on level 1, 2, and 3 treasure chests but not on level 4 and 5. I am speaking strictly from my experience on Sonoma during T2A, I have not tried any of this on this shard yet.

There is value for Remove Trap skill but I don't think its worth the obscene amount of time you would have to invest in training it.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Lajon wrote:If I remember correctly, Telekinesis did not work on higher-level trapped chests. I think I could remove the trap with Telekinesis on level 1, 2, and 3 treasure chests but not on level 4 and 5. I am speaking strictly from my experience on Sonoma during T2A, I have not tried any of this on this shard yet.

There is value for Remove Trap skill but I don't think its worth the obscene amount of time you would have to invest in training it.
I think you may be right. I remember always having to kill the treasure hunter on the level 5 chests

Lajon

Post by Lajon »

Yup, had to get naked before opening the level 5's. Sometimes it took a couple of bodies.

inscape

Post by inscape »

yes but for this reason for me is better to fix telechinesis whit all type of chest...

What about dungeon chest?

Dashiva

Post by Dashiva »

As I recall, I was able to pick the lock and tele the trap on 1-4 and any other chest I came across on my Napa treasure hunter. The only exception was L5 map chests.

I'm not sure how it is on this server, undecided still as to if i'd like to go through GM Cartography AGAIN. :x
Korlan (Dexxer) | Dashiva (Tamer)
Dashiva from Napa Valley

Dashiva

Post by Dashiva »

Oh and another thing.
On this server, are we able to entice more monsters by moving crap around within the treasure chest?

Half the fun was the initial spawn, then milking the rest by moving a skull around 20 times.
Dashiva from Napa Valley

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Dashiva wrote:Oh and another thing.
On this server, are we able to entice more monsters by moving crap around within the treasure chest?

Half the fun was the initial spawn, then milking the rest by moving a skull around 20 times.
Aye, you can "spawn more mobs" by moving stuff around. Very authentic.
I'm not sure about the deal on the telekinesis and the lvl 5 treasure chests. We used to just have the t-hunter open it and die. Not sure on the specifics of why.

Dashiva

Post by Dashiva »

It's also funny that i've no idea how disarm trap works as well, as I always just "took it for the team". Seemed like a waste of skill points, and it's not like you were doing those by yourself anyway.

I've just had a thought that maybe you could only use tele on 1s and 2s, 3s didn't kill me, 4s and 5s just gibbed me. I could be wrong though, I never thought i'd have to remember this kind of stuff.
Dashiva from Napa Valley

Prurk

Post by Prurk »

Deja vu was nice enough to post a guide on remove trap recently. Sounds like its a huge pain to raise, but could be interesting/useful.

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

Yeah its going to be fun when I get my cartographer done.
Level 5 t maps with 10 or 15 orcs and no mage or bard is going to be fun!!!
lol