In need of assistance!

gdanks

In need of assistance!

Post by gdanks »

I am an old hand at UO but find my self in a conundrum. The thing for me is trying to get my old laptop to run the free shard UO and Razor. I can enter the character creation screen and create a character, but the second that I pick my town or choose to play my character it will give me the "welcome to ultima online" screen in gray and then I get the hourglass symbol on my tooltip and the game crashes. Anyone else have this? My system specs are as follows and as far as I have been able to find it should be enough to handle the game.

OS Name Windows XP Home
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
Total Physical Memory 1,280.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 546.87 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96GB

This computer has run Guildwars in the past. I am unsure where the problem comes in, but I am obviously no PC system expert. Any help would be appreciated. I would love to get back into UO.

Derrick

Re: In need of assistance!

Post by Derrick »

This might be a client version problem. The latest versions of Razor don't support the lower 4.x clients

We have a recommended client download on our main website (link at top of this page)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

gdanks

Post by gdanks »

I am currently running the UOSA TA package download to login. Is there another version of Razor or UO that I should be running to get this to work? If so where would I go about finding it? Thank you!

The only link I have been able to find directs me to the same download I have already used.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Is Razor or the Client blocked on any firewalls?

What happens when you try to run the client without razor from the shortcut that was created on the desktop?

gdanks

Post by gdanks »

No, my firewall is not blocking either Razor or the UO Client.

When I try to run the no Razor client shortcut I boot into the client and it locks up in the same area but with no hourglass tooltip.

Good thoughts, but I am still in generally the same situation. :?