Vendors could not sell outside the shop

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
rouss

Vendors could not sell outside the shop

Post by rouss »

A minor thing i vaguely remembered (but we're striving for accuracy, right?) and just got a proof from the demo:

Currently, vendors who roamed outside the shop still can buy and sell.
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Pac

Re: Vendors could not sell outside the shop

Post by Pac »

When they said that they would insta teleport back into their shop wouldn't they?

I don't know much about how NPC shopkeepers on this shard function since my style of griefing doesn't need to use them.
Last edited by Pac on Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donk

Post by Donk »

rouss wrote:A minor thing i vaguely remembered (but we're striving for accuracy, right?) and just got a proof from the demo:

Pac wrote:When they said they they would insta teleport back into their shop wouldn't they?
As far as I'm aware this is the behaviour on UOSA. I tested by enticing a shopkeeper away from his shop and trying to vendor buy, he said this:

and instantly rubberbanded back into the shop from where he was previously.
<Zedd[afk> if theres ever a uosa convention and you pked me once ur getting ran over with a truck

rouss

Post by rouss »

Donk wrote:
rouss wrote:A minor thing i vaguely remembered (but we're striving for accuracy, right?) and just got a proof from the demo:

Pac wrote:When they said they they would insta teleport back into their shop wouldn't they?
As far as I'm aware this is the behaviour on UOSA. I tested by enticing a shopkeeper away from his shop and trying to vendor buy, he said this:

and instantly rubberbanded back into the shop from where he was previously.
oh. i have never revieved that message from npc on uosa (i also enticed). case closed then. :)
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Layt

Post by Layt »

I've never witnessed it myself here, and wondered myself. If anything, I think their allowed range might be greater? Or perhaps on OSI it was 'inside the building', where player server implementations instead use a radius?